- Food and Cooking»
- Dietary Restrictions»
- Dietary Restrictions for Health
tahini biscotti more gluten free goodness
Coffee and a cookie?
If you love the dessert halva and sesame snaps, you will love these! The tahini gives them the perfect biscotti consistency. Crunchy goodness! These have sesame seeds sprinkle, but a white chocolate dipping would be amazing.
- 1/4c butter, room temperature
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c tahini
- 1 tbsp rose water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 c oat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pre heat oven to 350F/180C degrees Cream butter and brown sugar together. Add egg and mix until smooth. Add tahini, rose water and vanilla. Mix in oat flour and baking powder. It will be a somewhat heavy dough.
- On parchment papered sheet, form the dough into a log. Bake for 20-25 minutes until it is set. It will still be soft enough to cut in diagonal slices. Separate the slices and set them on their sides. Bake for another 8-10 minutes, until a golden crispy brown.
- In the photo there is a quick topping of roasted sesame seeds with corn syrup added to the hot pan. It makes a candy that can be drizzled over the top of the biscotti.