- Food and Cooking»
Delicious Alcoholic Blue Cocktail Drink Recipes for Occasions
Simply the Best
If cocktails are one of your drinks of choice when you go out, why not have a go at making them yourself? They are the perfect beverage for a night in, a barbecue in the garden or a party in your home.
As a rule, I barely drink, and right now I am breastfeeding so it will be a long time before I have any alcohol. I don't miss it, but when I've finished breastfeeding, I am looking forward to an ice-cold cocktail in the sun in my garden. Here are some if my favourites.
- 45 ml Blue Curacao
- 60 ml White Rum
- 60 ml Vodka
- 60 ml Pineapple Juice
- A squeeze of lime
- A splash of sugar syrup
- A handful of ice cubes
- First, prepare a martini glass by placing it in the fridge to chill until the drink is made
- Pour all the ingredients into the cocktail shaker
- Add the ice and shake vigorously for a few minutes
- Strain the drink into the glass, garnish and serve
Some Impressive CocktailsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Do you drink cocktails?
- 25 ml Blue Curacao
- 100 ml Lemonade
- 50 ml Vodka
- Handful Ice Cubes
- 1 Orange Slice, To garnish
- 1 Maraschino Cherry, To garnish
- First, prepare a highball glass by filling it 3/4 full with the ice cubes
- Pour the curacao and vodka over the ice
- Top up with the lemonade and stir well with a long cocktail stirrer
- Finish the beverage off by adding the orange slice and cherry to the glass
Blue Mermaid Martini
30ml Blue Curacao
15ml Dry White Vermouth
15ml Lemon-Lime Soda
5 Blueberries, To Garnish
- Crushed Ice
- Castor Sugar, to frost the glass with
- Dip the rim of a martini glass into water to wet it, then dip into the castor sugar, so the sugar sticks
- Scoop about a glassful of ice into your cocktail shaker
- Add the gin, vermouth and curacao to the shaker, followed by the soda
- Shake well, then pour through the cocktail strainer into a martini glass
- Garnish with the Blueberries, and enjoy!
What season do you drink cocktails the most?
Blue Balls Cocktail
- 25 ml Blue Curacao
- 25 ml Light Rum
- 150 ml Raspberry Syrup
- Ice Cubes
- A Maraschino Cherry to Garnish
- Crush the ice in a pestle and mortar, or by putting it into a bag and crushing it with a rolling pin. Tip the crushed ice into a blender
- Next, add the Curacao, Rum and syrup
- Blend the mixture for about 25-30 seconds until the cocktail is thick but smooth
- Add the cherry to the rim of the glass, by cutting a small slit in the bottom of the cherry and pushing it on to the rim
- Pour the cocktail mixture into a hurricane glass, and enjoy
Cocktails all round!
Which of these cocktails would you try?
Alexander's Big Brother
This cocktail is creamy and delicious. The perfect drink for barbecues in the summertime!
- Cointreau Triple Sec
- Blue Curacao
- Heavy Cream
- Combine all of the ingredients and shake together with ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Strain the mixture into a glass and serve immediately.