Triple Berry Crisp Recipe
Delicious Triple Berry Crisp Recipe
My family loves berries! We have a small strawberry patch in our front yard and the kids pick and eat them so fast my husband and I are lucky if we get one or two all summer. My very berry loving family goes crazy for this summer dessert. We usually get our berries from the farmer's market, but you can use frozen if you don't have fresh berries available. We usually buy so many berries in the summer season we can freeze the extras to make this as a special treat in the winter. If your family loves berries as much as mine does, then this will sure to be a hit in your house, too! Come back and let us know what they think!
Image Courtesy of Flickr
Don't be afraid to modify this recipe!
I often use this recipe with other types of berries like strawberries, or even throw in some nectarines or pears when they are in season. Just make sure your total fruit contents add up to 4 1/2- 5 cups and you will be in business!
Also, I originally made this with white and brown sugars, but I tried using coconut sugar this last time and I really liked the complexity of the taste! I bet it would taste good with maple syrup or molasses in place of all or part of the sugar too!
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup butter
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. In a large bowl, gently toss together the blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, and the white sugar, then set aside.
- 3. In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cut in the butter until crumbly. Next, press half of the mixture into the bottom of a 9 by 13 inch pan. Cover with berries. Sprinkle remaining crumble mixture over the top of the berries.
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until fruit is bubbly and topping is golden brown.
- 5. Serve warm, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
Calories: 295 | Total Fat: 16.3g Cholesterol: 41mg
Triple Berry Crisp Recipe Cooking Videos - Check out what some other cooks do to make their Berry Crisp Desserts
You can find some of the ingredients on Amazon
Quaker Oats are a staple item in our pantry. We are always going through these canisters!
I have switched over to this light spelt flour for most of my baking now. It makes a good substitute for all purpose flour in most recipes without any notice by my husband, lol!
This is such a great sugar to use for both white and brown sugars in recipes. I love the rich flavor and love to sprinkle it on my morning grapefruit!
Berries not in season?
You can substitute Frozen Berries if you have trouble finding the fresh ones.