Vegan Chocolate Banana Cake Recipe
My little boy loves Chocolate and Bananas so for his third birthday it came as no surprise when he requested a Chocolate Banana Cake for his birthday party. Since my mom was coming and had just recently found that she was allergic to dairy and eggs, I decided to try making a vegan cake so everyone could enjoy the celebration. I am pleased to report that the cake was a grand success and my mom has requested it as her birthday cake for this year too!. If you are looking for a rich chocolate cake that will satisfy your sweet tooth, but is also good for vegans or those with dairy and egg allergies look no further! Serve this cake at your next gathering, then be sure to come back and let us know what you think!
Photo by Agalova
So I made this cake for my mom's birthday gathering and it turned out great. My mom took the leftover cake and froze it in individual slices and says she thinks it is even better later. She thinks that the flavors are even more intense that way. Give it a try if you have any cake leftover!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 Minutes
- 2 Cups light Spelt flour
- 1 cup Coconut Sugar
- 3/4 cup Cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups warm coconut-almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 bananas)
- Preheat oven to 350F, coat bundt pan with coconut oil.
- Mix first four ingredients in a large bowl. Add the warmed coconut-almond milk, oil and vanilla and mix together. Add bananas and blend batter with a hand blender. The batter is supposed to look a bit thin- don't worry. Pour the batter into a prepared Bundt pan and bake for 45-60 minutes, until toothpick test is clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for about 10-20 minutes, then transfer the cake from the pan to the serving plate and let it cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, or frost as desired.
I love this coconut sugar. It has a wonderfully rich flavor. I also us it to sprinkle over my grapefruit for breakfast in the mornings.
This is another item on my subscribe and save list. I can use this in place of all-purpose flour in nearly any recipe. Even my husband doesn't notice a difference!