- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
Vegetarian Spaghetti Supper Recipe
I created this from my store cupboards when I needed something quick and easy, yet satisfying. The spaghetti is wholemeal, healthy and complimenting the hints of nutty flavours, but you could also use ordinary spaghetti if you prefer.
Served hot, with no fuss from one pan and with a glass of wine, it's sure to become a family favourite.
I have hand-picked some delightful utensils to make your job easier and happier. Take a look below!
- Cook time: 15 min
- Ready in: 15 min
- Yields: 4
- 250 -350g spaghetti
- 1 head broccoli
- 100 g mushrooms
- 1 stick celery
- 4 spring onions
- little olive oil
- 100 g parmesan cheese
- 100 g cheddar cheese
- 250 ml plain yoghurt
- 100 g ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, then add the spaghetti and broccoli, divided into florets. Cook for 10 minutes or until cooked.
- Meanwhile chop the celery, mushrooms and onions.
- Grate the cheese (try the delightful grater below).
- Heat a spoonful of oil in a wok or frying pan and add the vegetables. Cook for a few minutes until soft.
- Add the cheese, yoghurt, almonds, parsley and seasoning and stir well.
- Drain the cooked spaghetti and broccoli (the one below will bring a smile whilst doing it), retaining a little of the liquid.
- Add them to the sauce ingredients with a little of the cooking liquid if it needs it.
- Serve warm from the pan with Fred Pastasaurus to help.
A Bestselling Spaghetti Server
You don't need to struggle serving your spaghetti. Let Fred Pastasaurus help!
A Supper Recipe
Are You Smiling?
I love this fishy colander, which is great for draining your spaghetti and getting a smile!