- Food and Cooking
Quick Vegetarian Curry
Who says vegetarian food has to be boring or complicated?- A Quick And Easy Korma Recipe
Even if you aren't vegetarian, this delicious vegetarian curry dish is sure to be one of your favorite recipes! It will fit every family budget, because it is cheap and healthy. Choosing locally grown vegetables will add to the nutrients and flavour and provide your family with a good proportion of their 5-a-day. Keep your cupboard stocked with extra tins and jars of the ingredients in this recipe to ensure that you will always be able to cook it at short notice, by simply adding the fresh ingredients. It is ideal for those on a low fat diet, especially if they cut out the naan bread and have wholemeal rice as an accompaniment. Serve it with mango chutney for the finishing touch! A must-have vegetarian food!
Photo lensmasters own
Is It Korma, Madras or Vindaloo For Your Curry Dish? - Vote Here!
Although in this korma recipe is mild, you can opt for the medium/fairly hot madras instead. Vindaloo is for the serious curry eaters, being very hot!
How hot (spicy) do you like your curry?
This korma recipe is really easy to prepare and can be easily doubled up when you have lots of guests, at little extra cost. The broccoli could be swapped with cauliflower if you prefer.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablesp vegetable oil
- 1 peeled and finely chopped onion
- 3 tablesp korma curry paste
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 large handfuls broccoli florets
- 1 large handful frozed long green beens
- 1 tin of drained and rinsed chickpeas
- 1 tablesp tomato puree
- Heat oil in large saucepan and fry onion until soft. Stir in curry paste and cook for two minutes. Stir in chopped tomatoes and broccoli and bring to the boil. Cover pan and reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes, until broccoli is cooked but not soft.
- Add green beans, chickpeas and tomato puree, bring back to the boil and simmer for further five minutes. Serve your curry dish hot with the rice and naan bread. Enjoy your vegetarian food!
Pataks Korma Paste - Experts for spices to add that flavour-
Cheat's Version Vegetarian Food - When you need something quick!
A delicious, ready-to-eat ,lightly spiced curry with the spices of India.