Wedding Soup Recipe
In Eastern Ohio (near Pittsburgh), Wedding Soup is a favorite. In fact, it's the only place I've found in the entire United States where it's served at Olive Garden! It's a staple in every Italian Restaurant in our area (and there are a LOT of Italian restaurants here)
This is not the Olive Garden recipe, and many of the local restaurants put carrots and celery in as well as the ingredients you'll see below. This recipe is "family size," but you can cut it down if you'd like to make it for just a few.
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- 6 cups water
- 8 Tablespoons powdered chicken bouillon
- 3 ten oz. pkg frozen chopped spinach
- 4 cups 1" mini (swedish) meatballs
- 5 eggs
- 1.5 cups grated parmesan
- 1 cup Acine de pepe, or other small pasta
- Water, enough to fill roaster
Rate this recipe
- Boil and shred chicken breasts (save broth)
- Bring water, bouillon and spinach to boil
- Add saved broth and bouillon
- Add meatballs, check and continue to boil
- Beat eggs and cheese until well blended, then whisk into boiling soup.
- Add pasta (you may pre-cook this according to package or add now and allow it to cook with the soup)
- Fill roaster with water and add more bouillon to taste.
- Allow to boil for about 1/2 hour then turn to low heat and stir occasionally for 2-3 hours.
It's Good for You!
|Serving size: 16 oz.|
|Calories from Fat||45|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 5 g||8%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 5 g||2%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 7 g||14%|
|Cholesterol 40 mg||13%|
|Sodium 505 mg||21%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|