yam and kale soup recipe
Eating healthy doesn't have to be difficult or expensive. This simple soup has only 4 ingredients, can be done in about 20 minutes, and is so delicious! Give it a try, I bet you'll love it!
- 2 yams, peeled
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 lemon
- Chop yams into 1 inch cubes.
- Add yams and chicken broth to a soup pot, and boil until yams are cooked through - about 15 minutes.
- (Optional) Mash or blend the yam soup mix to desired consistency.
- Add washed and chopped kale to the soup mix, and boil for 5 minutes. (Remove thick kale stem, if desired)
- Serve with a generous squeeze of fresh lemon. Salt and pepper to taste.