- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Collecting & Collections
2011 Bowman Sterling Football Box Review
Why I Love this Set......
If you love to open boxes, for whatever reason, then you will most likely love this 2011 Bowman Sterling Football Set as much as I do. I'm usually not a big collector of rookies; I tend to go after the bigger players already established. BUT... with 19 hits in this box, I couldn't say no.... even though the pricetag is hefty at $250 or so.... it is totally worth it in my opinion.
The Hobby Box comes with 6 Mini-boxes inside. Each Mini-box contains some base cards; maybe a parallel or two; 2 Jersey/Patch cards, and 1 Autograph card. On top of that, you also get a boxtopper pack with a dual relic card inside. Although this set is mostly rookie pulls, it isn't all rookies. It may be small but there is a veterans checklist in there. As far as hits, I am totally happy with what I pulled from my box of 2011 Bowman Sterling Football. I feel it's a very well balanced box of cards. My only complaint about this set is that the Jersey cards are repetitive and boring, but I guess you get that with most sets.
Here are the Hits I got in my box:
- Kyle Rudolph/Christian Ponder Dual Jersey Boxtopper
- Mercedes Lewis Autograph
- Greg Little Autograph
- Von Miller Autograph Patch Gold Redemption card
- Jordan Todman Autograph 48/50
- Mike McNeill Autograph Pulsar card 02/15
- Dustin Keller Autograph Jersey card
- Demarco Murray Jersey card /299
- Taiwan Jones Jersey card
- Jordan Todman Jersey card 52/99
- Daniel Thomas Jersey card
- Greg Little Jersey card
- Ryan Mallet Jersey card
- Sam Bradford Jersey card /299
- Von Miller Jersey card
- Taiwan Jones Jersey card /299
- Kendall Hunter Jersey card
- Christian Ponder Jumbo Relic card 12/50
- Prince Amukamara Jersey card
I'm most certainly going to suggest this set to my friends who collect. Even if you just buy Mini boxes, you still would get 3 Hits for about $45. So, this set caters to a wide range of collectors with varying budgets. I give this set a 4 out of 5 rating. Let's face it.... no set is perfect.