Call Of Duty Black Ops Team Deathmatch Tips
Call Of Duty Black Ops has a decent amount of varied maps. These range from snow maps, jungle maps, and more urban like environments. Unlike Modern Warfare, these maps have a bit of a different feel. This may not be a World War 2 game, but it is not quite as modern as the Modern Warfare games. A lot of the maps are also close quarters. Nuke town is a very small map, a bit to small in my opinion. Even the larger maps, have a lot of close quarters tight areas.
The best way to prepare for team deathmatches is to use a class that you are good with. This does not mean you should use the same weapon all the time, however, find classes that are good for you. Some players will find that some weapons simply do not work for them. The reason why I say not to use the same weapon all the time is because the maps will continuously change by votes and etc.
Team Deathmatch tips
(1) Use black ops perks according to what weapons you use. For instance, sleight of hand should be used if you have a weapon that takes a very long time to reload. If you do not use the right perks for a given weapon, you may miss opportunities. You do not want to be caught reloading in the midst of battle.
(2) If your not very good at getting killstreaks, use the hardline perk. The hardline perk requires one less kill for a given killstreak. This can help tremendously. The RC car can be used in 2 kills if a player uses hardline. *Also remember, killstreaks do not stack*
(3) If you manage to get killstreak(s), only use them when in a safe area. Some players may get excited and use them right away. The only killstreaks that should be used right away are ones that do not require you to sit somewhere for a long period of time, such as the attack helicopter or dogs. Otherwise, wait to use them cause you may get killed when using a RC car or something.
(4) Flank the other team.(going up behind them) This should be obvious when it comes to most videogames. In black ops, flanking the enemy team can be easily done if done correctly. Most of the maps have alternative routes, and other places to travel. If you manage to flank the enemy team, you may gain a big advantage. Silencers on weapons can be good to keep things on the down low. Loud guns can give away your position.
(5) If you insist on camping(defending an area) sometimes, do not stay in the exact same spot. The other team will try to destroy your position by throwing grenades in windows to avert your position. Even moving on to the other side of a room can be enough to confuse the enemies trying to kill you. This can be effective at times.
(6) When coming up behind an enemy player, instead of wasting ammo or giving away you position, knife instead. This can make a big difference so other players do not get alerted. Going in guns blazing when you do not have to can be foolish.
(7) Point out enemies positions to your team mates. This can make a large difference, especially if the enemy players are trying to flank your team. Call out there positions from time to time. Keep in mind, some players may be in xbox live parties though. If your playing with friends, then tell them at least.
(8) Use claymores if you plan on defending a spot. These work well for snipers, but for other classes too. Put them on staircases, or in inconspicuous spots so the other team does not see them. If you keep using them in the same spot, the other team may catch on and destroy them eventually.