Call of Duty Black Ops Rezurrection Map Pack: Zombies Moon Tips & Tricks
The Rezurrection Map Pack was released for Call of Duty Black Ops on August 23rd, 2011. It features five zombie maps, four of which are the classic zombie levels from Call of Duty World at War. Moon is the new map that is free for players who already own the collectors edition of Black ops, AKA, the hardened or prestige editions. If you only own the standard version, it will cost 1200 Microsoft points, and will most likely cost 15 dollars on the PC & PS3 versions when they release.
Black Ops Moon Zombie Level Tips & Tricks
Moon rivals the size of Call of the Dead, but I believe Moon is larger. There is a combination of open areas and close quarters areas. Part of Moon takes place outside on the moon base, while the other parts take place in the various rooms underground.
In my opinion, Moon is the most challenging zombie level ever. Shangri-La was a challenging zombie map, but it was mainly because there was no open areas to distance yourself from the attacking zombies.
While there are no special zombies on this map, besides the crawlers and astronaut zombie, this map will still prove challenging to many.
There are 3 excavators on the moon that will dig into various areas of the map. These will block your path and can potentially kill you if you are near them. There is an astronaut zombie that will continuously spawn even after killing him.
Black Ops Moon Tips
Starting Area (Area 51 Hangar)
- The teleporter can not be used unless all players are standing on it. It can be used if other players die, but not when they are down. So be sure everyone stands on the teleporter to go to the Moon.
- It is actually possible to buy juggernog or speed cola if you get enough points. No power is needed.
- When returning to this area via the teleporter on the moon, gersch devices are great to throw in this area. This is because the gersch device sucks up the zombies into a black hole which can give you precious time to use the pack-a-punch to upgrade a weapon.
Astronaut Zombie Mini Boss
- If the astronaut touches you, you will be teleported and lose all your perks. Avoid the astronaut, but is is possible to escape by holding back on the movement stick the moment the astronaut zombie grabs you. The astronaut zombie will also cause damage to you.
- This zombie has a lot of health,however, if a player kills it, the zombie will explode killing nearby zombies within a certain radius. Use this as an advantage.
Stop the Excavator from digging
The excavator can be stopped by hacking the consoles located in the spawn room on the Moon. The hacking device can be found in the computer labs. You can only hack the consoles when the excavator is active.
Hacking takes time, so be careful if you do it when zombies are around. Have another player cover you if necessary. The excavators can block the two tunnels, blocking your paths to get to the surface of the moon, which will make it nearly impossible to survive against the zombies.
General Moon Level Tips for fighting the zombies and moving around the map
- Zombies move slower in low gravity areas. It may be easier to kill them,but keep in mind that you are also affected.
- Turn the power on so you can breath in airtight rooms -- you don't need oxygen in every room, so you can take your space helmet off (power room is in front of pyramid).
- Use the hacking device on doors so they will be cheaper. The hacking device can also be used for other purposes such as giving another player points.
- The teleporter can not be used constantly, so use it wisely. After you use it, when returning to the Moon, you will not be able to use it until the green lights come on.
- Locate the mystery box because it has the best weapons such as the new wave gun wonder weapon. The mystery box has a few spawn locations and will move after using it a random amount of times. The mystery box can be hacked.