- Games, Toys, and Hobbies
DOTA Gorgon guide (item strategy)
- Buy items that compliment your skill choices. There are lots of ways to play this DOTA hero differently during the early levels.
An insidious creature that dwelled for eons in the underwater prisons of Nazjatar. Medusa the Gorgon was unwittingly freed during the war waged between King Arthas's Scourge and the Naga on the icy shores of Northrend. Plagued by undeath in the aftermath, she welcomed the blessing of immortality. Like her namesake, Medusa instills paralyzing fear into all that dare cross her path.
Gorgon's item build
Which DOTA items are the best to grab on her you might be asking? Well, first off, let's assume you already know how to play her. If not, check out a basic Medusa DOTA gameplay guide (site shut down).
Here's my thoughts on several of the usual choices:
- Bloodstone: These aren't as common as before the purge change. However, if you think you might get enough kills to have many charges, it could be a worthwhile item choice.
- Shiva's Guard: It's nice for a bonus to your mana shield's maximum length. You can also use it as an additional nuke, and to build up into a DOTA tank. A solid addition if you have plans to purchase either a Bloodstone or Heart for the Gorgon. However, the Assault Cuirass is probably a better choice unless a teammate is purchasing one for the auras.
- Maelstrom: A popular, but weak orb effect for her. Medusa doesn't have the attack speed several other heroes do. More DPS instead would also improve splitshot's effectiveness.
- The Butterfly: A solid DPS item for late game, as are the Crystalys, it's upgrade, and the MKB. One or more of these should definitely be somewhere in your Medusa build.
- Blink Dagger: Very uncommon, but blink used to make it practically impossible for any other DOTA heroes to get away from the Gorgon. Stone Curse has a longer cooldown than Purge did however.
- Cranium Basher: Always a bad choice. Medusa doesn't have enough attack speed to make it worthwhile, none of the ranged heroes really do. Bashers have a greatly reduced effect on them.
- Armor Corruption Desolator: Going for DPS? Grab this orb unless someone's already got it and working together as a team. Works great on this DOTA hero.
- Eye of Skadi: It's usefulness depends. Are you good at chasing? Fall for being juked often? You already have your ultimate for a lengthy stun period.