DOTA Mogul Khan guide (item strategy)
Story of Axe
In the war of Humans and Orcs that occured long ago many Orcish warriors were corrupted by demonic influence and became tools of blackest darkness. One such warrior was the leader of the Half-Tribe of the Bloodied Axe Clan; Mogul Kahn. Mogul was slain by human Paladins but mysteriously was seen fighting alongside the Scourge around the time Mannoroth started to command the Orcs in the war against Archimonde. Mogul Kahn the Axe has been revived by demons and uses his reflexes and powerful blows to hunt down and seek out the Sentinels' agile warriors and cut them down to size, even projecting his lust for war onto them.
Mogul Khan's Items
You should check out the this DOTA Axe guide first if you're not used to playing the character here (site shut down). Some of these items might require familiarity with playing him before they'll make sense.
Here's some thoughts on common equipment:
- Vanguard: Everyone and their pet grandma likes to buy some of these. But are they worthwhile? The first sure can be when mixed in with your skills, there's great synergy there. But there's no reason to be a vanguard Axe. Laugh at everyone who buys three or four of these, there's much better items.
- Heart of Tarrasque: A fantastic choice in DOTA. Works well if you've gotten your vanguard, and possibly other tanking items. Experienced players won't go after Mogul first due to his being much harder to kill - but other people will. Making an unkillable tanker Axe works extremely well during pub stomps.
- Blink Dagger: Helps you aim your taunt much better. You can't go wrong buying this item unless your teammates are horrible.
- Shiva's Guard: An extra nuke and helps slow. It's an uncommon Axe item, but might be a better choice than an assault cuirass. It all depends on how the DOTA game is going for your allies.
- Lifesteal: It's nice, but you should save it for an afterthought. Try to grab items that have synergy with your skills first. Sure, you expect to get hit (& want to be for counter helix), but reduce the damage with blocking instead. You need to do serious damage DPS before life steal works well on him.
- Butterfly: Evasion is not good on this hero. Any Mogul Khan guide that might tell you otherwise without proof isn't one you should be listening to.
- Dagon: Very uncommon unless playing in pro DOTA games. Blink in, taunt, hit with a dagon energy burst, follow up with a Battle Hunger (if the enemy isn't running yet), then Culling Blade. Works extremely well.