- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games»
- Roleplaying Video Games»
- Western Roleplaying Video Games
Elder Scrolls Skyrim Hearthfire DLC: Build your own house in Skyrim!!
Bethesda is releasing a new DLC add-on pack called Hearthfire for Elder Scrolls Skyrim. Unlike the Dawnguard DLC, this content will not be quest based. Hearthfire allows you to purchase land and build your very own custom house in Elder Scrolls Skyrim! The Hearthfire DLC will be released on the Xbox 360 on Sept. 4, 2012. It will later be released for the PC and PS3, but it has not been officially announced. Xbox 360 users will get an early taste of the Hearthfire DLC. The content will cost a mere 400 Microsoft points (which is $5.00).
The idea for building your own house in Skyrim may seem somewhat far-fetched to some players. It's almost like your going to be playing the SIMS! Along with purchasing land and building your home in the Skyrim Hearthfire DLC, you will also be able to adopt children and pets for your house! Bethesda's Environmental artist Robert Wisnewski was "inspired to expand upon the game's housing options in large part because of his enthusiasm for Skyrim's crafting systems."
Did you think Bethesda would ever release content like this?
Features of Heathfire Skyrim DLC Include
Build & customize your very own house!
- First you'll need to purchase land in 1 of 3 locations; Falkreath, The Pale, and Hjaalmarch (you can purchase all three if you wish).
- You'll be able to use stone, wood, and clay to build your own custom home.
- Equip your customized home with with stables, forges, alchemy gardens, enchanting tables, armories, shrines, mannequins, and taxidermy.
Adopt Children & Pets!
- You'll be able to adopt children and pets for your house
- Play games with your children to raise your family
Hire your own personal staff in Hearthfire DLC!
- Turn one of your followers in Skyrim to be your steward. The steward manages your home
- Have a carriage driver who will fast travel you to other major cities and smaller settlements throughout Skyrim
- You can have your own personal Bard player for your home
Elder Scrolls Skyrim Hearthfire DLC
There will also be several new activities that you will be able to do if you purchase the Skyrim Hearthfire DLC. These include baking, beekeeping, farming, and fishing. You may have seen other NPCs (nonplayable characters) in the world of Skyrim doing some of these activities (such as farming), but this time you'll be able to do the activities yourself!
Note that you will have to protect your house(s) from enemies such as bandits, giants, and other creatures or people.
While it may seem unexpected to have content like this in Skyrim, if you think about it, it's not so unexpected....Skyrim thrives on customization! You can create armor, enchant weapons, cook food, create potions, choose perks, and play the game however you want. The fact that you are now able to create your own home is merely Skyrim expanding into an even more customizable universe than ever before! Who knows what the company at Bethesda will do next?
No Dawnguard DLC for PS3
Hearthfire should release on the PS3, however, the Dawnguard DLC may never be released. Apparently there were too many issues involved to provide an enjoyable experience for PS3 users. The Dawnguard DLC first released on the Xbox 360 and later for the PC. For PS3 users, however, they may never get to play the Dawnguard DLC. There is a possibility that it may eventually release to the PS3, but at this time it will not be made available due to issues involved.
It's unfortunate that PS3 owners seem to be getting the short end of the stick when it comes to Skyrim DLC. The Xbox 360 has already received the Dawnguard and is going to be the first to receive Heathfire. As for the PC, Dawnguard is available and players can use mods, unlike the console versions.