Fallout 3 Cheats, Tips, and Walkthrough
Fallout 3 Review
Fallout 3 is a role-playing, first person video game with a lot to offer. You'll find that you can purchase the game for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC, as well as the standard edition, collector's edition, and the survival edition. With each edition upgrade, you will pay more money for the game, but overall Fallout 3 is a game that is worth playing through.
As for the previous Fallout games in the series, you don't necessarily need to play them before playing Fallout 3, which is beneficial for those of you who just want to get in the game without the older games ini the series. Trust me, you won't be lost in the storyline if you haven't played the other games.
Fallout 3 is probably one of best games that Bethesda has created in the past. It has some of the top graphics and sounds, and the gameplay is an awesome combination of role-playing and combat.
You'll find that even though the combat and gameplay is awesome, the storyline is never sacrificed for a second. The characters are enganging and entertaining; you can definitely tell that the creators spent some time developing all the small details.
Although, the game does have its flaws, just like any other video game, you will find that most of the flaws are few and far between.
As a whole, Fallout 3 is a fantastic game, and you can't play any game without knowing even the simplest tips and hints. So, below you'll find various tips and cheats that will help you progress throughout the game.
Fallout 3 Official Game Guide
Fallout 3 Glitches
So these glitches can only help you while you're playing Fallout 3. For now, they are still as is, but it's probably just a matter of time until Bethesda patches the glitches. Until the time comes, take full advantage.
If your speech skill is high enough, you can gain infinite XP. What you want to do is go to the town called "Big Town," which is located north of Vault 101. Speak to a girl named Bittercup, and she should tell you all about her dating exploits. Then, after speaking with her, you'll want to go into the house that is marked "Common House," and talk with a man named Pappy. A speach dialogue box should popup that says, "You came here with Bittercup, right?" Click it, and you will get XP each time. Continue to do this, and you will be able to load up on XP in just seconds.
In order to take advantage of this glitch, you'll have to reach Level 10 with a skill of 60 in order to get the Sandman perk. You'll want to go to Andale, which is in the south central portion of the map. When you're there, you'll want to wait till around 1 am to go into the Smith house, while they're sleeping. Once in the house, you will want to go upstairs to the kid's bedroom and use sandman on him by crouching down, selecting him, and using the first option; repeat this step.You can increase the difficulty in order to get more XP.
Fallout 3 Easter Eggs
Alien and alien blaster
You want to go to the Minefield and head north. Keep going and eventually you will pick up a radio signal from the alien space craft. When you find the radio signal, you will find the space craft and a special gun that has limited ammo.
When you come up to a Brahmin, anywhere on the wasteland, you will want to crouch and hit the interact button in order to tip over the Brahmin. Just remember that you want to come up on one Brahmin, not a pack of Brahmin.
Fallout 3 Tips
- Maxing Skill Points: In order to maximize the number of skill points that you get in a game, jack up your intelligence in the introduction to either 9 or 10 in order to maximize the skill ganes. Otherwise, you can grab the Educated perk when you hit level 4, doing this you can get 20 points for levels 2 and 3, and then 23 points for level 3 and up.
- Steal Things: If you are planning on being evil, steal everything that you can. The game does not flag stolen items, so find a way to hide behind the counter and steal the safes and registers.
- Kill Those Who Have What You Want: Becuase there's not much criminal justice, you can kill those who have things that you want. Just watch out who you decide to kill. It will be safer to kill wanders and travelers, than main characters.
- Finish The Megaton, Before You Really Do: Early in the game, you you can either save or destroy Megaton, and although destroying it is fun, you'll want to make sure to go there first. If you decide to save Megaton, make sure to finish the quest early so that you have a single place that's yours to store all of your things and a place to sleep in a bed.
- Use Fast Travel: If you're in the middle of nowhere, find a nearby landmark that unlocks a nearby fast travel spot so that you can pop over, drop your loot off, and go back instantly.
- Study The Perks: If you study your character's skills and try to have your character learned in various areas, you will be able to further yourself in the game. Make sure to pick a character type that interests you. One that will make good use of 4-5 skills, 2-3 stats, and various perks so that they all work together.
- Use V.A.T.S: Using V.A.T.s will get you through a lot of tough situations. While you're using it, you will be invincible until it ends.
- Scrounger: This will help yield more ammo when you're searching through containers in the Wasteland. You can even sell the ammo that you're not going to use for a nice profit.
- Ammo is Weightless: Because the ammo doesn't weigh anything, you can carry as much as you want. Just make sure that you have enough weapons to use the ammo.
- Lockpick Skills: In order to maximize your loot, make sure that you know how to pick a lock.
- Travel: Try traveling old roads, rivers, and rows of destroyed power lines in order to find new places of interests.
- Carry Various Weapons: Because you won't be able to use the same weapons in every situation, you'll want to make sure that you carry a variety of different weapons and guns. If you're worried about the ammo, you can conserve your ammo by using bats, sledge hammers, and other melee weapons.
Fallout 3 Collector's Edition
Fallout 3 Walkthrough Part 1
Fallout 3 Walkthrough Part 2
Fallout 3 Walkthrough Part 3
Fallout 3 Walkthrough Part 4
Fallout 3 Walkthrough Part 5
Fallout 3 Achievements
Complete Agatha's Song (20 points)- Agatha's Song
Reach Level 14 with Good Karma (20 points) - Ambassador of Peace
Complete Big Trouble in Big Town (20 points) - Big Trouble in Big Town
Complete Blood Ties (20 points) - Blood Ties
Hack 50 terminals (20 points) - Data Miner
Kill 300 people (20 points) - Doesn't Play Well with Others
Complete Escape (20 points) - Escape!
Complete Finding the Garden of Eden (20 points) - Finding the Garden of Eden
Complete Following in His Footsteps (20 points) - Following in His Footsteps
Complete Galaxy News Radio (20 points) - Galaxy News Radio
Reach Level 14 with Bad Karma (20 points) - Harbinger of War
Complete Head of State (20 points) - Head of State
Pick 50 locks (20 points) - Keys are for Cowards
Reach Level 20 with Good Karma (30 points) - Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Reach Level 8 with Neutral Karma (10 points) - Mercenary
Complete Oasis (20 points) - Oasis
Discover 100 locations (20 points) - One Man Scouting Party
Reach Level 20 with Neutral Karma (30 points) - Paradigm of Humanity
Complete Picking up the Trail (20 points) - Picking up the Trail
Reach Level 14 with Neutral Karma (20 points) - Pinnacle of Survival
Reach Level 8 with Good Karma (10 points) - Protector
Place a grenade or mine while pickpocketing (10 points) - Psychotic Prankster
Reach Level 8 with Bad Karma (10 points) - Reaver
Complete Reilly's Rangers (20 points) - Reilly's Rangers
Complete Rescue from Paradise (20 points) - Rescue from Paradise
Complete Scientific Pursuits (20 points) - Scientific Pursuits
Reach Level 20 with Bad Karma (30 points) - Scourge of Humanity
Win 50 Speech Challenges (20 points) - Silver Tongued Devil
Kill 300 creatures (20 points) - Slayer of Beasts
Complete Stealing Independence (20 points) - Stealing Independence
Complete Strictly Business (20 points) - Strictly Business
Complete Take it Back! (40 points) - Take it Back!
Complete Tenpenny Tower (20 points) - Tenpenny Tower
Complete The American Dream (20 points) - American Dream
Kill all the Super Mutant Behemoths (20 points) - The Bigger They Are…
Take the G.O.A.T. (10 points) - The G.O.A.T. Whisperer
Complete The Nuka-Cola Challenge (20 points) - Nuka-Cola Challenge
Complete The Power of the Atom (20 points) - Power of the Atom
Complete The Replicated Man (20 points) - Replicated Man
Complete The Superhuman Gambit (20 points) - Superhuman Gambit
Complete The Wasteland Survival Guide (20 points) - Wasteland Survival Guide
Complete The Waters of Life (20 points) - Waters of Life
Complete Those! (20 points) - Those!
Complete Tranquility Lane (20 points) - Tranquility Lane
Complete Trouble on the Homefront (20 points) - Trouble on the Homefront
Get the Pip-Boy 3000 (10 points) - Vault 101 Citizenship Award
Collect 20 Vault-Tec Bobbleheads (30 points) - Vault-Tec C.E.O.
Make one of every custom weapon (30 points) - Weaponsmith
Collect 10 Vault-Tec Bobbleheads (10 points) - Yes, I Play with Dolls
Complete You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head (20 points) - You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head
Fallout 3 Reviews
- Fallout: Welcome to the Official Site
The official website for all of your Fallout information
- IGN: Fallout 3 Review
You'll find that IGN gives Fallout 3 a rating of 9.6/10. Find out the flaws and all the tiny details that make this game what it is in total greatness.
- GameSpot: Fallout 3 for PC Review
Check out GameSpot's in depth PC Fallout 3 review can help you better decide if Fallout 3 is worth your time and money.
- Games Radar: Fallout 3 Review
Games Radar offers a Fallout 3 review that is a must see!
- GameShark: Fallout 3 Review
SO, GameShark only scored Fallout 3 with a B+.. That's not too bad, but find out why.
- PSX: Fallout 3 PlayStation 3 Review
Check out the PSX-Extreme site for the PS3 reviews for Fallout 3
- Strategy Informer: Fallout 3 PC Review
Check out screenshots and the review for Fallout 3 for PC.
- Cheat CC: Fallout 3 Review for Xbox 360
Check out CCC's in-depth Fallout 3 review for the Xbox 360 to find out if this game is worth buying, renting, or if you should avoid it altogether.
- Meta Critic: Fallout 3 Xbox 360 Review
Scoring 93 out of 100, Meta Critic reviews and critques Fallout 3.