Fastest Ways to Rank Up in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 now has 80 ranks, which is 10 more than what Modern Warfare 2 had. There are many ways to rank up fast, but one of the most notable ways to rank up quickly is by using the prestige tokens and buying Double XP. If you have prestiged in previous Call of Duty video games, you will receive one prestige token for each game. You will not receive multiple prestige tokens for one game, even if you prestiged multiple times, however.
You can use prestige tokens for a number of things in Modern Warfare 3.
- Extra Custom Class
- Double XP (two hours in-game time)
- Double Weapon XP
- Regular Package (Callsign Title and Emblem)
- Unlock Gear (Choose one item that's unlocked permanently)
- Hardened Package
- Veteran Package
- Reset All Stats (resets everything, including your Prestige Level)
How to Rank Up Fast in Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer
One of the best game types to play in Modern Warfare 3 to rank up faster is "Kill Confirmed." This game type is somewhat similar to team deathmatch, except you must pick up dog tags of enemies you kill to earn a point. You can also pick up dog tags of your fallen team mates to prevent enemy players from picking them up.
Kill Confirmed is excellent for leveling up because you get experience for kills, picking up enemy dog tags, and picking up fallen comrades dog tags. And of course you get points for assists. Kill confirmed is very fast paced, which is good if you want to rank up quicker.
Best Ways to Rank Up Fast In Modern Warfare 3
- Playground War because there are more enemy players to kill. And this means getting killstreaks is generally easier than in standard team deathmatch. You also have a better chance of killing more enemy players with the AC130, attack helicopter, etc..
- Use a prestige token (if you have one from other CODS) and unlock Double XP for two hours!
- Play Kill Confirmed game type (as described above).
- Use a variety of weapons to unlock weapon challenges. While you may have a weapon that you like to use all the time, try to use a variety of weapons to unlock challenges. Completing weapon challenges will ultimately make you rank up faster in Modern Warfare 3.
- Use the Hardline perk in Modern Warfare 3 to get killstreaks easier because it reduces the amount of kills required to get a killstreak. Better yet, get Hardline Pro and 2 assists will count as a kill towards your next killstreak. Your deathstreaks also require one less death.
Specialist Strike Package to Rank Up Fast In Modern Warfare 3
If you are good at getting several kills in a row without the aid of killstreaks, use the specialist package. This is an excellent way to rank up if you can get several kills in a row because you get XP bonuses every time you get another perk. You get perks for killing several enemies in a row, but lose the perks when you die. With Hardline, you only need 7 kills to get all the perks.
This is definitely one of the best ways to rank up in Modern Warfare 3 IF you are able to get several kills in a row without dying consistently. Otherwise, it will not be beneficial to you.
Having trouble getting higher killsteaks in Modern Warfare 3?
If you find you are having trouble getting higher killstreaks like the AC130, set your killstreaks lower. You still get points for using lower level killstreaks. Note that killsteaks are set per individual custom class now. So you can basically have some classes that have higher killstreaks set and other classes that have lower killstreaks set.
Also remember that killstreaks stack in Modern Warfare 3. Whatever kills you get with a predator missile, attack helicopter, etc. will be counted towards the next killstreak.