Grand Theft Auto V Walkthrough: Mr. Philips
Character: Michael (though… not really)
Location: Rockford Hills, Michael's House
Unlocked After: The Jewel Store Job
(Though this is a Michael mission on the map, you can trigger it by visiting Michael as Franklin.)
Mike, Franky, you've hit the big time. Millions of dollars are on their way to your bank accounts. And there will be no major repercussions. Nope, no vengeful personalities from your pasts will come back to haunt you... except, well, maybe, that one guy... that horribly murderous guy...
- Head to Michael's house. Revel in the success of a job well done.
- Watch the introductory cut scene of Trevor. He's such a nice man.
- Hop in the truck Trevor's walking to. Wait for his confederates Ron and Wade to hop in as well.
- Head to the waypoint and watch the cut scene.
- Chase after the van and the two bikers. You have a long way to go to the next waypoint, and the driving is pretty hairy. Take the turns somewhat lightly, and don't worry too much if you roll the truck. At worst you'll lose Wade for a few moments.
- You have the option of wiping out the two bikers accompanying the van, though not the van itself. For most of the trip your safest option is simply to bump into these bikers when you're close enough. Don't try to shot them unless you're on a straightaway and you can see it continuing for a fair distance. (Not likely to happen.)
- Get out of the truck and start mowing through the thugs. Though he can't go slo-mo, Trevor is fantastically good at killing people with his special ability, as it boosts his attack strength and lowers the amount of damage he takes when hit. Hide behind vans and trailers as you wipe out the goons one-by-one. Keep a close eye on your radar to ensure that people don't sneak up on you. Also watch the trailers closely - if you see one with a propane tank outside, aim for the tank. You'll create a massive explosion capable of killing anyone nearby. (Which includes Trevor. Use some caution.)
- Note, too, that Trevor has more guns than just his Handgun. Oooo.
- Return to the truck after the remaining thugs flee.
- Head to the next checkpoint. Follow the prompt. Once you have control of Trevor again, do some shooting.
- Get back in the truck. Drive Ron home.
Gold Medal Completion
No Survivors - Kill the fleeing bikers after the battle. This is a little tough, but not too bad since they show up on the radar. Try to kill as many as possible before they start to run.
Headshots - Kill twelve enemies with headshots. The Handgun is better for this.
Time - Complete within 12:00. Try your best not to roll the poor truck. Exploding gas canisters in the trailer park will help as well.
Trailer Trashed - Cause $5,000 of damage to the trailer. Ram into it as hard as you can for as long as you can.
Lost and Damned - Kill the two bikers accompanying the van during the chase. Ramming them is much safer than using your gun.