- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games
Grand Theft Auto V Walkthrough: Pulling Favors
Location: Strawberry Ave.
Unlocked After: Repossession
Franklin has some family issues. They're not exactly on the right side of the law, most of the time. That and they swear a lot. Nevertheless, foul-mouthed Tonya needs Franklin to do his cousin's job for him and deliver an abandoned car to an impound lot. Not exactly glamourous work, and it doesn't pay anything in the end, but… family's family...
- Locate Tonya outside a Safehouse on Strawberry Ave. You're very close to the location of this mission immediately after completing Repossession, assuming you switched back to Franklin.
- Chat with her to receive the mission. Make sure you have a car handy. She wants wheels, and won't walk with you to the impound lot.
- Wait for Tonya to get into the car. Drive her to the waypoint.
- Approach the fence, wait for it to pull back, and park inside. Get into the tow truck. The steering is good, but it's a cumbersome machine at best.
- Drive it to the abandoned car near Legion Square. It's sitting on the left side of the road, assuming you came straight from Strawberry Ave. It's best you do this mission during the day, as the car can be somewhat difficult to spot otherwise.
- Now for the tough part. Park in behind the car and slowly back the tow truck up. You need to be almost exactly parallel to the curb or the hook won't catch. It's easiest to do this part if the camera is facing in front of or behind the tow truck; re-orient the angle if it swings around to the side of the tow truck. Try to line up the tow truck as closely to the car as you can manage.
- Drive the car back to the impound lot. This part can range from simple to difficult, depending on how accurate you were with lining up the car. If the car isn't quite parallel with your tow truck, take it nice and slow on the way back and don't make any crazy turns. The return trip to the impound lot shouldn't tax your driving skills too much.
- Drop the car in the spot designated 'No Parking'. Anywhere else and you won't complete the mission.
Gold Star Completion
Time - Complete the mission within five minutes. This objective is fairly simple so long as you don't take too many crazy risks. The most time-consuming part of the mission will be properly lining up the tow truck with the abandoned car. Orient the camera properly and don't rush too much or you'll chew up time better spent with the delivery.
Unlock Bonus - Keep the car hooked until delivery to the impound lot. This is practically a given, and should only prove problematic if you get into a bit accident (or prematurely unhook the car). Wait until you're on the 'No Parking' patch before you release the car.