Grand Theft Auto V Walkthrough: The Vice Assassination
Location: Legion Square
Unlocked After: The Multi Hit Assassination, I Fought The Law…
Back to killing people, eh, Franklin? Well, as long as it's for a good cause. In this lovely edition of Lester and Franklin's assassination relationship, the pair are targeting a dude who has a taste for the finer things in life... including women who hang out on street corners. Well, at least he always goes for the same one.
- Head to Legion Square. There's a set of pay phones off to the side of the road. Pull up to them.
- Watch the cut scene and receive your target.
- Drive out to La Puerta. The waypoint will lead you to the target's, ah, target.
- You're now beside a parking lot, watching over a woman. A small parade of men in cars will drive up and attempt to proposition her. She'll get in one of the cars - the car of the guy you're supposed to kill.
- There are a few ways of doing this, though it ultimately boils down to taking out the guy before he can escape. My preferred method is to run up onto the grassy hill across the street from the woman and pull out a Sniper Rifle. Wait for a guy in a Cadillac to pull up. That's the guy. Pop him one in the head. (Though you might want to wait a few seconds to see if the woman will approach him or not. Just to be sure.)
- You can alternatively spray the car with gunfire or simply blow it up, but these methods are more likely to draw police attention from the onlookers.
- Leave the area once the kill is complete. If you want a quick getaway, make sure your car is close by when you make the kill, then hop in and drive. You don't have much time to escape before the cops show up, so don't dawdle.
Gold Medal Completion
Time - Finish the mission as quickly as you can. The getaway sucks up most of your time here. If it's clean, you're golden. If it's not… well, you have other problems beyond time anyway. I managed a 3:04 on my gold run without much trouble, and that was even after a few stupid crashes on the way to the sniping site.
Clean Escape - Complete the mission without alerting the cops. The Sniper Rifle with a nearby getaway car makes this requirement real easy. Just be sure to get out of the area as quickly as you can manage.
Money Earned - As ever, this is dependent on how well you did at the mission. Get a gold and you'll earn an easy $5,000.