- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games
Halo Reach SWAT Tips Part 1
Halo Reach Swat
Halo Reach has a game mode called SWAT. Swat is a game type in which you have no shields and can be taken out quite quickly. The difference between swat in this game and Halo 3 is that you now have the DMR as a weapon instead of the battle rifle (BR). Careful aimed shots will be needed to get a head shot, unlike how the battle rifle in halo 3 was a 3 round burst. The dmr is a single shot rifle. Some players may say it takes more skill to use then the battle rifle did in Halo 3.
Swat has no load outs to choose from. You automatically start out with a dmr, and have the sprint ability. The dmr has infinite ammo, but you still need to reload. There is also no radar to use. Patience and being fully alert is required if you want to do well. Unlike team slayer , one player can easily take out an entire team in seconds. I personally love SWAT and I am actually better at it than any other game type. I had a game where I went 20-3 and a had a streak of 18. This game type comes easier to me, but for many players it will be very hard. (Your either really good or not so good, not so much in between all the time)
Halo Reach SWAT Tips PART 1
1. Since you have no radar in swat you should be aware of your surroundings. Try and take points where you can see a lot of the map. Over watch the areas and look for other players. This is important because having the first shot on SWAT can make a significant difference. Find the best places on a given map and defend that area. Don't stay there to long if your not finding enemies, but use those positions as much as possible.
2.Do not rush on SWAT! If you mindlessly walk around swat you will be killed. Other players will scope you out and take you out. If you need to go through a large area try strafing while looking at points of interests. Other players may be see you from vantage points such as roofs,top of stairs, or other structures. Even when your out in the open or below a certain area, make sure you strafe and look out for the other team. This is especially true if you get a TERRIBLE spawn point.
3. Watch your flank! In swat, most people who come up behind you will have a high chance of killing you. There may be some instances when they miss and you turn around and shoot them, but its not likely. If you are over watching a point and do not see any one for a while they may be attempting to flank you. Check behind you at intervals. Other players may be coming up stair cases on the sides, elevator, jump shoots, or other structures and devices.
4. No scope when close or in medium range. This is very important because if you zoom in when your to close you may not be able to move the scope fast enough to get a head shot. Its also much faster to eliminate multiple enemies by no scoping rather than zooming in. Zoom in only when players are long range or medium-long.
5. Only sprint when in danger! A common mistake a player may run into is sprinting to much. You can not shoot and sprint, and may be heard by heavy breathing. The player could also be caught off guard when going around a corner and gets shot when he stops sprinting. Sprint only when being shot from an unknown location to seek possible cover.
This concludes the first part of SWAT tips. There will be a few more inPart 2. Remember Swat is much different from slayer and you must play accordingly. Having no shields makes a huge difference so keep that in mind. Its easier to kill players, BUT its just as easy for you to be taken out as well.