How To Beat Surgeon Simulator 2013: Beating The Hardest Indie Game Of the Year
The internet has latched onto Surgeon Simulator 2013 and it doesn't like they're going to let go anytime soon. This bizarre mash-up of Trauma Center and QWOP challenges players to perform a heart transplant using a mouse and a trigger key for each of their five fingers. What seems like a simple operation (as simple as a heart transplant can be, anyway) quickly turns into a hilarious nightmare as your surgeon struggles as you awkwardly try to finesse his fingers to properly hold his surgical instruments in place.
Although it has quickly become a hit, not many players have been able to beat Surgeon Simulator 2013. If you want to show off to your friends and the world at large, follow this guide on how to beat Surgeon Simulator 2013.
Surgeon Simulator 2013 Guide
- First thing's first, remove the cover to expose the chest cavity. Use a light touch and try to heave the sheet behind the patient so it doesn't obstruct you.
- Remove the ribs! Not a lot of choice here. Although, medically, it is probably a better choice to use the bone saw, the fastest and easiest way is to crack them with the hammer. Use the hammer to break the ribs, but hit them as softly as you can. Blood loss can be a real problem and sending the ribs flying could knock important tools off the table, leading to a no-win situation!
- Clean the ribs out of the chest, exposing the heart.
- Pick up one of the scalpels. This can actually be quite difficult. Try to place the palm of your hand near the center of a scalpel handle and depress the finger buttons all at the same time. It might take a few tries. The good news is that there are several scalpels lying around if one of them happens to get flung off the table.
- Use the scalpel to remove the heart. Be sure to sever each of the arteries or you will not be able to successfully remove it. If you are having trouble seeing, manipulate the pinky finger to try and give yourself more room. Don't forget to lower your hand using the left mouse button!
- Once the heart is completely severed, pick up the heart and remove it from the chest. Just throw it anywhere you please, there are janitors for that and you're a busy surgeon.
- Now that the old heart is gone, open up the transplant cooler. This is very easy. Just flip it upwards. Chances are you've done it accidentally while trying to pick up the scalpel earlier.
- Remove the new heart from the cooler and drop it in the chest cavity.
That's it. You don't need to sew anything up for put the ribs back. Another happy patient!
Surgeon Simulator 2013 Videos
Surgeon Simulator 2013 Tips and Tricks
Here are a few tips to help guide you through Surgeon Simulator 2013.
Stay calm- A good doctor doesn't lose his cool! So what if you just dropped a saw into an open chest wound? Just pull it out and get back to work!
Find a good grip - The real challenge in the game is making sure you are able to hold onto your instruments. Make sure the palm of your hand is centered over the object you want to pick up. The most important gripping fingers are the thumb and the index finger. If you can get these two latched onto an object, you'll probably be fine even if the other three fail to grasp your tool.
Be quick about removing the heart - The longer you're sawing out the heart, the more blood loss your patient will suffer. Be calm but brisk. This is heart surgery, not a marathon!