- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Fun Party Games & Ideas
How To Make Rings With Smoke
Making smoke rings is often a fun party trick, and you can do it with traditional cigarettes or vape pens. It can take a lot of practice to make smoke rings, so try this at home first if you want to show off at a gathering. Hookahs are among the easiest to use to make smoke rings, but you can also use cigars.
Make sure you aren’t in a drafty area of your home, or that you don’t have a vent or fan going. Drafts make blowing smoke rings more difficult, so the stiller the air is in your room the better. You want the thickest smoke you can get out of your preferred smoking method.
- Step One: Hold the smoke in your throat, not just your mouth. This may cause you to cough while practicing. You may want to practice holding the smoke in before attempting to blow any rings, as the coughing from practice will allow smoke to escape your mouth and throat.
- Step Two: Move your tongue to the bottom of your mouth while keeping your mouth closed. This helps keep the smoke away from your lips. Tuck it right down behind your teeth to keep it out of the way.
- Step Three: Make an ‘O’ shape with your mouth, keeping your lips back away from the opening. You can also try to keep your teeth covered by your lips – use whichever method works for you. Make sure you open your mouth slowly as to not let the smoke out or disturb it while it is in your mouth and throat. Remember, you want that smoke as thick as possible so you can see the rings.
- Step Four: Blow out small amounts of smoke from the back of your throat without using your vocal cords. You may want to practice this without smoke in your throat at first to get a feel for the process. Do not move your lower jaw during this step, and keep your lips steady. It should feel similar to a slight cough or choke, like you are clearing your throat. You may also use your tongue as a piston to make smoke rings if the first method doesn’t work for you after a few rounds. Another method is to tap your cheek to force the smoke out of your mouth.
If you don’t get it the first time, keep practicing! Making rings with smoke can be a challenge for anyone, but if you really want to do it, keep trying until you’ve mastered it. Once you have mastered it, you can do things such as add spin or even make different shapes. Using the middle of your tongue as you push the smoke out can add backspin to the smoke ring. To add speed and distance to your rings you need to jut out your jaw as you push out the smoke. There are many things you can do with your smoke rings, so practice as often as you can and try different things to see how that changes your rings.
© 2017 Raiscara Avalon