How To Watch Netflix on Your PlayStation 3
It seems like every device in the world is capable of streaming movies and television series directly to your TV. The PlayStation 3 is no exception. In fact, it was one of the first major electronic devices that allowed users to stream content from their Netflix accounts to their TV set.
Some users have difficulty figuring out how to watch Netflix on their PS3. If you're one of the many who hasn't been able to figure out how to get this popular streaming service working on your PlayStation, read on to find out how to get your Netflix account up and running on your Sony home console.
What is your favorite way to watch Netflix?
Getting Netflix on the PlayStation 3 Guide
Follow this easy, step-by-step FAQ for getting your Netflix account up and running on the PS3.
- Sign up for Netflix - Before you do anything, you need a paid Netflix account. You can sign up right here for a Netflix streaming account.
- Update Your PS3 Dashboard - If you've been having problems getting your PlayStation to work with your Netflix account, you might need to update your firmware. Head to the tab on the right side of your dashboard that says "System" and scroll up to the tab that says "System Update." Let it run and install. This may take a few minutes.
- Sign up for a PSN account - If you don't already have a PSN account, you'll need one to access Netflix on the PS3. Don't worry: they're completely free! Just head over to the PSN tab on your dashboard and follow the instructions.
- Download the Netflix PS3 App - Netflix needs a special program available from Sony to work on the PS3. Scroll to the TV/Video tab and select Netflix and begin downloading. It shouldn't take more than a minute to download and install as the file is very small.
- Run Netflix and Enter Your Account Information - Run Netflix from the dashboard and you will be prompted to enter in your account information. Enter your Netflix username and password and confirm your information. You should be able to immediately start watching Netflix on your PS3!
- Best of Instant Watch | The best streaming movies and TV online
Need help finding out what to watch on Netflix? Best of Instant Watch provides reviews, features, and news about the very best movies and TV shows available on Netflix Instant.
Do I need a disc to watch Netflix on the PS3?
Nope! Once upon a time, users were required to use a free disc from Netflix to watch Netflix movies on the PlayStation. That has since been phased out. The program is launched entirely from the PS3's firmware.
If you have one of the old PS3 Netflix discs, you can just throw them out. They have been deprecated and are no longer necessary to use the service. The only reason to continue to use a Netflix PS3 disc is if you are running an extremely old version of the PS3 firmware and cannot or will not update your system. But why would you do that? Update! Get with the times!
Need more help setting up Netflix on the PS3?
That should cover all basic problems, but if you have any questions or need more help, leave a note in the comments and we'll try and help you get Netflix up and running ASAP!