How to Defeat Giants in Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
When you are traversing the large land scape of Elder Scrolls Skyrim, you may run across giants. Giants stand about 15-20 feet tall! Giants are often seen in the large wide open plains in Skyrim or are found inside their camps. Mammoths will often accompany them as well. Giants can be extremely dangerous, however, they only attack if you attack them. They will also attack if you invade there territory, such as their camp. If you get too close to a giant when their in their camp, they will attack you, regardless of attacking them first!
For a lower level character in Skyrim (under level 20), giants will probably kill you in one hit. For some reason, the physics are over exaggerated when they hit you with their large primitive club. If you get hit by a club at a low level, you will be sent flying hundreds of feet in the air! I'm not sure why they exaggerated the power of the giants...But nonetheless, avoid giants when your a low level, or take them on from a far distance.
Also note that giants will attack you if you attack a mammoth near them. Keep that in mind because you will have to face two strong enemies at once.
How to Defeat Giants in Elder Scrolls Skyrim
- Giants are very dangerous at close range in. You may want to keep your distance because they harm you with their large clubs. If you lose all your health, you will be sent flying up into the air when a giant attacks you, resulting in a death.
- Save your game before fighting a giant in Skyrim, just in case you die.
- Archery is a great way to kill giants. Sneak up to a giant to get a "sneak bonus" - so you deal more damage. Giants are very easy to sneak up on - plus with archery, you do not need to be very close to them.
- Enchant bows with magic to deal "extra damage" to the giants with your arrows. You can enchant bows by using an arcane enchanter or you can find bows that are already enchanted with magic in Skyrim.
- Destruction magic is also another great way to defeat giants in Skyrim. With destruction magic, you can keep your distance from a giant. Shoot either fire magic, frost magic, or lightning magic at a giant(s).
- Use dual casting with destruction magic to deal more damage. Dual casting allows you to use the same spell in each hand, and combine effects, to deal more damage. Dual casting can be unlocked in the destruction magic perk tree in Skyrim's level up menu.
- Use Dragon shouts to help you when fighting Giants. Some shouts can be very effective for taking out Giants in Elder Scrolls Skyrim. I highly recommend getting the "ICE FORM" shout. This allows you to freeze enemies for a while. If your facing more than one giant, you can freeze one, then focus your attention on the other.