Kingdoms of Camelot Tutorial - Knights
Kingdoms of Camelot - What are Knights
Kingdoms of Camelot is a fabulous free online game played within Facebook. One of the least known aspects of the game is the appropriate and powerful Knight. Knights can add a tremendous value to you in building faster, attacking more powerfully, researching more quickly and producing more resources.
Knights can be appointed in the Knight's Hall. You can pick any of your friends to serve as a Knight.
A Knight will serve in one of the following roles:
The following picture shows how to assign the roles and skills of your Knight:
My Knight Tab
The name of your Knight and their picture is shown to the left. Your Knight will earn skill points as time progresses, so always keep an eye out for "Unassigned Skill Points." If there are any, assign them ASAP.
Click on "Increase XP" to bring up the screen shown to your right. There are three items available to use.
- Train with Kay - Increase Knight's experience by 1,000 or 8% of current level cap
- Train with Galahad - Increase Knight's experience by 10,000 or 30% of current level cap
- Train with Arthur - Increase Knight's experience by 100,000 or 100% of current level cap
Make sure you use these items! The higher your Knight's skill, the better he will perform in their assigned role.
Training your Knight will increase skill, which, in turn, will increase his contribution to your game.
Boosts are temporary improvements to a particular skill for that Knight. Each one will increase the associated skill by 25% for 7 days.
- Rose of Charisma - Increase a Knight's Politics by 25% when rewarded; lasts for 7 days
- Gauntlet of Courage - Increase a Knight's Combat by 25% when rewarded; lasts for 7 days
- Mirror of Knowledge - Increase a Knight's Intelligence by 25% when rewarded; lasts for 7 days
- Gloves of Gathering - Increase a Knight's Resourcefulness by 25% when rewarded; lasts for 7 days
Make sure you use these. They will help your various performances.
Roles in Kingdoms of Camelot will give bonuses on various aspects of the game. The level of the bonus depends on that Knight's skill points in a particular category.
- Foreman - This Knight will use their Politics to help build your city more quickly. This Knight should have the skill "Politics" maximized.
- Marshal - This Knight will use their Combat to help quicken training of your troops. This Knight should have the skill "Combat" maximized.
- Alchemystic - This Knight will use their Intelligence to help run your Alchemy Lab. This Knight should have the skill "Intelligence" maximized.
- Steward - This Knight will use their Resourcefulness to improve your Resource Production. This Knight should have the skill "Resourcefulness" maximized.
- Unassigned - These Knights will be used for combat. A Knight must be in an unassigned and idle role to be used in attacks. This Knight should have the skill "Combat" maximized.
Click on "Assign Skill" on the My Knights tab. Here you see that Knight's skills, the Skill Points Unassigned, and an option to redistribute skills. To redistribute skills, you need one Fountain of Youth for each 10 levels of your Knight...save yourself the trouble, and focus skills right to begin with.
Click the "+" sign by the skill you want to improve. Look at the roles listed above and maximize the skills for that Knight's particular role.
If the Knight does not have a role, then maximize "Combat" as you will be using that Knight during attacks.
- Foreman - Will increase construction speed by 1% for every two points of the Politics skill.
- Marshal - Will increase troop training speed by 1% for every two points of the Combat skill.
- Alchemystic - Will increase research speed by 1% for every two points of the Intelligence skill.
- Steward - Will increase resource production by 1% for every two points of the Resourcefulness skill.
The moral of this story is to assign Knights as soon as possible within the game. Their skills will increase and will help you as you progress.