- Games, Toys, and Hobbies
Know Everything about Minecraft
Made by Markus Persson, Minecraft is a sandbox construction game in which players create and destroy different kinds of blocks in a 3D environment. The player is required to adopt an avatar that can create and destroy blocks in order to make various structures. You can make use of multiple game modes, multiplayer servers and single player worlds to play Minecraft. The game can be bought for $26.95 and both single player as well as multiplayer versions can be played on a downloadable launcher or the regular internet browser. A free version of the game can also be played on various websites. Here you can play Minecraft free of cost.
Even though the game initially revolved around the making and breaking of blocks in an attempt to build structures that would protect mankind from monsters, it expanded vastly when players got together to make gorgeous things. While some choose to watch a calm sunrise over the ocean, others wage frightening wares. So what are you waiting for? Minecraft is only a click away!
Development of Minecraft
The development of the game started in May 2009 and orders for the game began to come in within a month of the development starting. The game was officially released two and a half years later in November 2011. An exclusive edition of the game was released for Sony Xperia soon after and following the expiry of that tie-up, another edition for all Android devices was released. Later Minecraft was also announced for Xbox 360. It set a whole new record after breaking those set by other games earlier. Recently, Rasberry Pi tied up with the developers and Minecraft: Pi Edition was announced.
The current versions of Minecraft that are available include 1.4.7 computer version, 1.5 pre version, 0.6.1 pocket edition, 1.3.1 Xbox 360 edition and 0.1.1 pi edition.
The game modes currently available on Minecraft include creative, survival, hardcore and adventure. Capture the Flag is a planned game mode that is also available to players. The recipes a player can choose from include crafting, brewing and smelting.
Bugs and Glitches on Minecraft
There are a number of bugs and glitches that help do various things on Minecraft. Bear in mind however that these bugs and glitches may also not work currently because of constant updates that are trying to eliminate these. However going by the ones that can be implemented to date, here are a few:
- Zombie pigmen will catch fire for a brief period of time when in sunlight.
- You cannot break a boat by hitting it if it is stuck.
- An iron golem will spontaneously begin to suffocate when built against a wall.
- Enderpearls can be used to teleport through walls that are not solid.
- Spider jockeys will be separated when a world is reloaded.
- If you have good timing, you can teleport through a wall by throwing enderpearls.
- If you place too many carts on one rail, they will begin to blink.
- While in creative, break the top half of the door for progress because breaking the bottom will do nothing.
- You cannot see nether portals if you are standing in water.
- In snowfall, snow golems will die.
- At times, you cannot attack mobs as they are immune for brief spurts of time.
- You can still teleport if you throw and enderpearl but die before it reaches the ground.
- If you try throwing too many enderpearls at once, you stand the risk of your game crashing.
- Bouncy items - the item bouncer creates bouncing items. If you place two stairs facing one another and drop any item in the middle, bouncing items will be formed.
- Going crazy - when in F5 mode and you can see your face, place your face against a wall and click on inventory. Move your mouse around and the screen outside will seem like it is going crazy.
- Ghost mode - in this mode, you simply float around the screen like a ghost.
- Teleport respawn - if you have half your heart remaining and a zombie is chasing after you, throw all your enderpearls in the air and allow yourself to die. Once you die, immediately click on respawn and you will be taken back to where you things are kept.
- Multiplying rails - the piston starts to push a rail that you have placed and then it is broken into two or more rails. Here is what you will need: 1 x sticky piston, 3 x powered rails, 1 x redstone torch, 2 x repeaters, 1 x furnace and some redstone.
Bugs and glitches exist all over the place. So experiment and do not be scared to discover some on your own. It is actually quite addictive to find them. Once you start, you just cannot seem to stop!
With thousands of players from across the world addicted to Minecraft, it is indeed a game that has found a cult status. Join in and start playing Minecraft for free, right here. Nobody is urging you to buy the game. Simply, give it a shot and see how you gradually grow addicted to the game. From, creating to destroying, from being part of a community to sharing information, from discovering bugs and glitches to devising ways in which you can fight them, Minecraft gives you the opportunity to discover a whole new range of skills within you. Combining fun with intelligence, the game is bound to blow your mind away.
An official Minecraft convention is organized each year. It started in 2011. Various activities like Minecraft-themed breakout classes, costume and building contests, and exhibitions by gaming companies, photo opportunities with Mojang workers and the Minecraft community and display of select merchandise were constituted this conference. The program was followed by a party titled "Into the Nether". Similar events comprised MineCon in 2012 and the one that is to be held in 2013 is being eagerly anticipated.
© 2013 Juana