- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games»
- Online Video Games»
- Multiplayer Online Games
League of Legends How to Get to Diamond Ranked
Diamond is one of the highest ranks a player can achieve in League of Legends and it constitutes the top .01% of players. It is a very highly competitive ranking bracket and can be hard to get there. With practice, dedication, and knowledge you can make it to the top.
It took me quite a bit of time and effort to finally get to diamond in ranked. It is not something that happens overnight, but it can be done if you are willing to work at it and strive to get better. I want to share with you everything that I know helped me get to the top so you can focus on what you need to be doing to get better.
Mechanics in the top rank are near perfect and players usually end the game with creep scores in the 300s. If you cannot keep up with this then you will probably be outclassed and lose the game. This is why I recommend players to work on perfecting their mechanics if they want to become pro or reach the top of the later. I am not saying that you have to hit every single last hit all the time it is just about minimizing your mistakes and playing to the best of your ability. Here are some tips to help you improve your mechanics
- Don't recall unless you need to. Recalling too often is going to make you miss out on a lot of minion kills and is going to stop you from getting a lot of that needed gold that is going to get you key items later on in the game. If you are finding yourself needed to recall a lot you are probably not trading very well and it is something that you probably need to work on. A good tip is not to recall unless you have an important item that is going to help you win your lane. Always push before you back as well.
- Do not let yourself get harassed out of lane. There are times when you are going to be counter picked and a jungler might even be camping your lane. These are times when you are going to be pushed out of lane a lot and start to get behind. Do not worry. Focus on farming and get yourself back into the game. Put up some good wards and do not let them force you out of lane.
- Learn how to last hit at tower. You are not going to be able to push out every game. There are going to be times where you are pushed to tower nearly all game and you do not want to miss a lot of cs because of it. The best thing you can do is learn how to hit every minion under tower. This is a very advanced tactic and I don't expect you to learn it overnight. It comes with a lot of practice and knowing your champion.
Attitude is one of the most important differences I see when I am playing in Diamond as opposed to other ranking brackets. The players in here usually never rage and always try there best to win games. This makes a lot of sense because the only way you can get to the top .01% of players is by never giving up and allowing yourself to have comebacks. People do not realize that your attitude plays a massive role in weather or not you win some games. It's not even about raging at this point, but you have to be positive and always try to win even when games look bleak.
- Never rage or say negative things about your teammates. It might not seem like a big deal when you call out your teammates for doing something bad or making a mistake but you are actually killing their moral and making your chances for a come back a lot less possible. You always want to have the ability to win games, even if you are behind which is why it is important that you never give up right away or be negative. In League of Legends there is always a possibility that the other team is going to mess up and hand you the game. Do not miss out on these opportunities by raging at your team.
- Do not give up when the odds are not in your favor. Like I just said, there are a lot of chances to come back and win games in League of Legends. There have been countless games where I thought I was going to lose for sure, but we ended up winning the game. This is why you have to stay positive and always maintain hope.
There are a lot of champions and just basic facts that you must know about League of Legends if you want to play at the highest level. A lot of players run around like chickens with their heads cut off not knowing what to do and not knowing how to play. League is an objective game and if you are not taking objectives when you get advantages, then you are probably not going to win the game. Objectives win games not kills.
- Rally your team up when you have a chance to take dragon. This is a lot of extra gold and if you time it, you can really give your team a gold lead.
- Time buffs. Like I just said if you have a buff timed you are going to be in a better position for getting it the next time it spawns.
- Don't underestimate the power of Baron. If you have a chance to get Baron do it. So many time I see people have to chance to get a Baron and they don't go for it. This buff can win you games. Be careful that you do not throw a game by going for Baron at the wrong time. A baron can easily put you back in the game but it can also make you lose in an instant. The key thing is to respect the buff and know what you are doing.
- Take vision control of buffs. Use pink wards and oracles to gain control and vision of Baron. If they do not have vision your chances of getting the buff go up significantly.
Perfecting Your Role
When we get to high level play, it is impossible for you to be great at every single role. There are just to many champions in the game for you to master each role. This is why people stick to one or two roles.
- Pick a role and learn it really well. When you do this you get really skilled in your role and are able to get to the top percent of players. It exposes you to champions in the role so you know how to play against them and win games.
- Stick to your best champions. You can be significantly better at one or two champions than most champions in the game. What people tend not to realize is that the top players do not make plays because they are superhuman, but rather because they have played their champions so much that they are really good with them now.
Getting to the top just takes a lot of time and practice. You have to keep coming at it with full force and not get discouraged. You are going to lose games and get frustrated but nothing good ever comes easily. You have to constantly be learning improving yourself and getting better. The top players have thousands of games played and even if it looks like they don't they are probably on a smurf account. Rise to the top.
If you feel like you are stuck in a certain rank you can always be playing better. Just think about it. If a professional player was playing in your elo would he have trouble winning? Probably not. There is always room to improve, even if you are really high up there. Never get complacent and always try and improve.
What do you think is the most important factor in winning games?
- Get My Pro League of Legends Guides now in the Kindle Store
The best and most extensive League of Legends Guides on the market. These guides will give you all the tips you need to take your game to the next level and start carrying your teammates.
- League of Legends How to Play Support
In depth guide on playing support in League of Legends as well as tips to improve your support play. Everything you need to know about the support role and how to play support like a pro.
- How to Raise Elo League of Legends
Guide on gaining precious elo. Tips tricks and methods for people of all skill levels
- Best Late Game Champions League of Legends
List of the best late game champions in League of Legends and tips on playing them. Best late game carries.
- League of Legends 10 Hardest Champions to Play
List of 10 champions with this highest skill cap in League of Legends.
- League of Legends Top 10 Things Noobs Do
List of the top ten noob mistakes in League of Legends.
- League of Legends How to Win Ranked Games
tips on winning ranked games and being a cool carry pro
- Best Mid Lane Champions League of Legends
List of the top tier mid lane champions and information about their strengths and weaknesses.
- Best Support Champions In League of Legends
List of the best support champions in League of Legends. Top support champions LoL
- League of Legends Counters List
List of the champions of league of legends and their counters. Information on how to counter champions in lol.
- League of Legends Best Top Lane Champions
A guide on the best top lane champions in league of of legends.