- Games, Toys, and Hobbies
Linking The Elevators in Die Rise (High Maintenance Step) - Call of Duty, Black Ops 2, Zombies
I consider linking the elevators to be the first step in both the Maxis and Richtofen, 'High Maintenance' Easter Egg in Die Rise. Before you can start this step you will need to turn on the power and have the NavCard Table Built. It is also a good idea to build the Trampo Steam early, but that is not needed until a later step.
This step will take the involvement of all four players. They will have to each find and stand on an elevator that has a golden symbol. In order for the elevators to link all four players must be on their elevator at the same time. This task can be frustrating since players will need to jump off their elevators before they go all the way to the top.
- Locate the four elevators
- Each player stands on their Elevators
- Wait for the symbols to glow
Locate The Four Elevators
The four elevators that bear the golden seal do not change from one game to the other. However, the Perks inside those elevators do change. Two of the elevators are in the Spawn Building and two are in the Power Building.
Spawn Building Elevator Locations
Both of the Spawn Building elevators are in the area of the Trampo Steam Building Station. They are the only two elevators that stop in this area.
The Quick Revive Elevator:
- Will always have the Perk Quick Revive housed inside.
- Has three stops that are on consecutive floors.
The Other Spawn Building Elevator:
- Will have either Who's Who or Speed Cola.
- Has two stops on a consecutive floor.
- Can be tricky since a player will need to get on and off frequently.
Power Building Elevator Locations
Both of the Power Building elevators can be access from the Roof. They could each contain Pack-A-Punch, Jugger-Nog, Mule Kick, or Double Tap.
Elevator At The Bottom Of The Ramp:
- At the bottom of the ramp leading from the roof to the top floor of the Power building.
- Has two non consecutive stops.
- Can be tricky since the player will need to get on the elevator while it is going down.
One Of The Double Elevators:
- One of the double elevators that have stops in the actual power room, and the room where the Sliquifier is built.
- Has a total of four stops. There are two consecutive stops, followed by a large gap, and then two more consecutive stops.
- A player will not need to get on and off this elevator often.
Each Player Stands on Their Elevator
- Players should spend as much time on the elevators as possible.
- They will need to jump off before the elevator reaches the top.
- A buzzer will let players know that the elevator is about to go up to the top.
- Put the players with the best timing on the elevators in the Spawn Building. These players will be getting on and off the most. If they can minimize their time off the elevators they will increase the chance that all players are on at the same time.
- You can use a key to call an elevator. All 4 players can call their elevator to ensure they will be getting on at the same time.
Wait For The Symbols To Light Up
There are two indicators that will let you know that you have accomplished this step. First, the golden symbols on all four elevators will light up. As they light up Maxis will begin talking. Maxis talking will be the second indication that this task is complete.
Listen to Maxis talking to get clues for the next step of this Easter Egg. If you are Samuel you will instead hear Richtofen talking. You will want to listen to Rictofen if you are doing the steps of his Easter Egg and Maxis if you are instead doing his side of the High Maintenance Easter Egg.