Minecraft Huge Update and Xbox Update
Update is Coming!
Almost everyone knows what minecraft is and many people have the game. One of the best features of this game is the constant updates which improves every aspect of the game. The newest release coming out, version 1.3, is going to be one of the biggest updates since the Adventure Update. (beta 1.7.3) There is going to be a huge amount of technical updates, as well as gameplay changes.
Video Showing Some New Features
So What're Are The Updates?
There are many new updates and changes to the game. Here are the technical updates and changes:
- Lots of bug fixes (as expected)
- Smoother experience on multiplayer servers.
- Added encryption to prevent session stealing.
- Updated chatting screen (easier editing and clickable links)
- Single/Multiplayer merge allows you to share single player worlds who are on the same local network.
Now what everyone's really wanting to know about is the gameplay updates/changes... Here you go:
- Enabled players to use multiplayer-like commands in single player, only if cheats are enabled however.
- Added Emeralds, and emerald ore.
- Implemented a trading system where you can trade with villagers.
- Can now write in books and leave stories for other people.
- Added new terrain features.
- Players can choose to begin their world with a "bonus chest" to get the player started quicker.
- Added new stairs, half slabs, and cocoa beans.
- Tweaked dispensers, leaves, cauldrons, levers, gravel, pressure plates, cookies, buckets, boats, minecarts, ice, and furnaces.
- Players get experience orbs from mining and smelting! (Not just killing monsters anymore)
This awesome new update will be available on August 1, 2012.
All these new elements are going to deeply impact how this game is now played. In my opinion the best new feature is the addition of emeralds and emerald ore. Instead of living in random places, this encourages the player to search for villagers and make their house near one so they can use the emeralds they earn and trade them with the villagers. Another big one is the addition of experience given to players while mining and smelting. This is great because mining and smelting is a huge part of the game. While this will probably be a significantly smaller amount than killing monsters it all adds up as players mine hundreds of blocks a day.
The fact that minecraft constantly gives players great new (free) updates is a big reason people keep coming back. In my opinion this will be one of the best updates, after the adventure update and will change how people play the game. Tell me how you think this update will affect the game, and what you think/want to be in the next major update in the comments section.
If you also have the Xbox360 version, like I do, then you are probably anxiously awaiting news regarding it's first major update: the Adventure Update. This update has already been submitted to Microsoft for review, and is expected to release early to mid-July, so any day now. Follow for more information regarding minecraft and it's updates.