Super Cool Mini Electric Pocket Rocket Bikes
Electric Pocket Bikes
Pocket bikes were first popularized in Europe as specialized racing
motorbikes. Traffic laws vary by state, but for the most part minibikes
are illegal for
use on public roadways since most do not carry the necessary equipment
(and often size requirements) to be street legal. The typical rider of
these bikes are 13 year old boys who are the right size and mental
maturity for the toy. In the past recent years, gas-powered pocket
bikes have become so popular that organized competition called Mini GP
Racing are springing up all over the country.
Razor Mini Electric Pocket Rocket
The most popular mini electric pocket rocket bike is made by Razor. In fact, their mini bike is called the Pocket Rocket. Basically, it is a small version of a real street bike, in basic general looks and design. This electric bike can reach the speeds of 15 mph and carries up to 170 pounds. It can operate up to 30 minutes in a single charge. Since it is driven by an electric motor, the Razor Mini Electric Pocket Rocket is quiet. A lot quieter than their gas-powered counterpart. Much slower, too, but that's beside the point.
The Razor Mini Electric Pocket Rocket comes with
- Scaled down street bike design carries riders up to 17 pounds
- Powerful fun at speeds up to 15 MPH
- Large 10-inch pneumatic tires for a smooth ride
- High torque motor
- Single speed, chain driven motor for super quiet operation
- Hand operated rear brake
- Twist grip throttle
- 24V (two 12V) sealed lead acid battery systems
- Up to 30 minutes of continuous use
- Battery charge time: 12 hours
- UL approved battery charger
- Tools included
- Weight: 42 pounds
- Dimensions: 36 x 20 x 21 inches
X-Treme XP-707 Electrick Pocket Bike
X-Treme XP 700 Electric "20 MPH" Pocket Bike
Another brand of mini electric pocket bike is the XP 700 series by X-Treme.
The XP-707 Pocket bike has the largest electric motor offered in its class. The X-Treme XP-707 Electric Pocket Bike is powered by a 700 watt (Quiet) motor with three batteries for 36 volts of two-wheel action.
These are the pocket bikes that can go up to 20 mph.
Some kits can be installed to push it even faster (see video).
The X-Treme XP 707 Electric Pocket Bike comes with the following to polish it off:
- Front and rear vented disk brakes
- Racing tires
- Street racing design complete with racing-style gas tank for effects
- Tinted windshield
- Tool kit
- Color choices of Black-Red OR Blue-Silver