PUBG Quick Tip List, 30 tips in 60 seconds
What else would you do while waiting to drop in PUBG?
Now that we can't fire guns aimlessly in PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds while waiting for the game to start, it's a perfect time to learn some quick tips! The following list is packed full of goodies, some well known, some lesser known. With hundreds of hours on PUBG, I figured I'd share some of my experience. But let's be honest, who has time to read 3 different paragraphs about the childhood experiences of some guy had that led him to PUBG, the type of pizza he was eating while writing the article, only to find out his tip is that you should do the PUBG wiggle that almost everyone already knows about. No thanks. So here is a quick hit list of 30 tips you can read in 60 seconds! If you're unsure what I'm talking about, some of the tips have some added explanation.
PUBG Gear Damage Reduction
Tip Power List
- Add clip mods while reloading
If you add an extended clip while reloading, you will end up with the extended clip size.
- Use shift to partial zoom while ADS
Takes breath, but is roughly a 1.5x zoom.
- In teams, go barefoot to know who is who
- Use 2 energy drinks to increase move speed
- Wiggle when still so you don't get headshot
The PUBG wiggle, don't stand still because you never know who is watching!
- Use smokes when you don't know where they are
You can lose your enemy or potentially cut off an angle they have on you
- Boosting vehicles are louder
- Some ambient game noises sound like people
Specifically people crawling on wood and buggies. It's annoying.
- Boats can run over swimmers
- Don't fight without level gear
30% damage reduction at level 1 gear, 55% at level 3.
- Jumping punches hurt more
- Kar98k 1 hit KOs level 1/2 helmets & no vest
It will not 1 hit a level 3 helmet, in fact ONLY the AWM can knock someone with a level 3 helmet in 1 shot.
- Kar98k bullet speed < m16 bullet speed, aim higher
- Water stops bullets
- Crate prices reset on Sunday
- Vests add item capacity
Less than a backpack, but still meaningful early game.
- Plan new strategy for each circle
- Swimming is sometimes better than finding a boat
Finding boats can be dangerous, swimming to Sosnovka Island isn't actually that bad.
- Swimming is faster under water
- Silencers also mask directionality
You are both quieter and less pin pointable!
- Silencers are more effective on pistols/SMGs
- Compensator is great on the AK
- Verticle grip is better than angled grip
- Never jump unless it's into cover
- You can shoot to move or for cover fire, not just kill
Shooting to add cover fire for an ally, or freaking out someone who doesn't know where you are so they make a desperate move
- Path from cover to cover, not straight
- Solo BP > Duo BP > team BP
It's dumb, but points earned in team modes are reduced.
- In heal circle end-game, re-open the menu after taking damage
Some games end with a healing circle because people won't show themselves, if you have the menu open at full hp, then take damage, sometimes it won't actually let you start a heal until you re-open the menu.
- Fly straight to where you want, then deep dive
This tends to be the faster way to drop, you get a deep parachute at maximum speed so take advantage!
- Scan for distance enemies with a mouse flick, not slow panning
It's easier to spot moving enemies if your screen is still, so flick from position to position rather than slow panning across the horizon.
A Few Extra Tips
- Use the mouse scroll wheel with 6x, 8x or 15x scopes to reduce zoom
I honestly didn't know this for a shamefully long time...
- Healing won't get cancelled in the last 0.5 seconds
- Guns with tripods have very little recoil when prone
- Pills heal 40 hp / Energy drinks heal 23 hp / Syringe heals 83 hp
Have you found this helpful?
Hope these tips help you land more chicken dinners! Some may not be entirely clear without clarification so feel free to leave a question! If I've missed something also let me know and I can add it in or make a 2nd list!