- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Board Games
Pictionary Word Lists and Rules
When the kids are out of school for the summer, one of the things many families choose to do is play board games. While you can, of course, purchase board games from the store, they are very pricey at times.
One of the most popular board games out there is Pictionary. If you have never played it before, essentially one player is the artist and he or she uses a large tablet or dry erase board and draws words from a card. The other players on his or her team then try to guess the words.
Pictionary costs around $20 at the store. While this is a good deal when you think about how much fun you get, you do not have to spend that much to get the same level of fun. You can put together a Pictionary game for just a few dollars.
What You Need
- Large tablet of paper or dry erase board
- Marker or dry erase marker
- Several Friends
You can pick up a dry erase board and marker for very little online, or even at a dollar store near your home. The friends, well you are on your own for that. *Smile*
That just leaves you with the words. Luckily, with the internet, you can get all the words you need free of charge. There are several places where you can get a Pictionary word list.
Choose one of these Pictionary word list links and then you can simply print up all the words you need. One of the best things about these Pictionary word lists is that they will let you print out Pictionary words in categories or that are harder or easier, depending on the age and skill level of those who are playing.
Check out some of these sites for all the Pictionary words you will need:
- The Game Gal – This offers several word lists in categories. If you want to play a specialty game, this is the place to go.
- Word Generator – This allows you to print up word lists that are unique each time you visit the site. If you play a lot of Pictionary, this can give you an endless collection of words.
- Flashcard Machine – This site is perfect if you want to print flashcards for Pictionary. This is an easy way to get many words at one time.
You may feel that it is easier to purchase a Pictionary game and then add more words later to expand your enjoyment. If you choose to do that, you are in luck—there are more versions of the game available than ever before. However, if you want to save money by purchasing the dry erase board and marker, you may want a complete set of Pictionary rules. You can find Pictionary rules by visiting the official website of Hasbro.
I hope you enjoy playing Pictionary with your friends. Using these simple instructions and links, you can get started playing and spend very little.