Pub Quiz 1 With Questions and Answers Including a Picture Quiz
Famous Quiz Pub
Quiz Nights and Pub Quizes
These 60 questions can be used for quiz nights at your local pub or quiz nights organized at your local sports club. The quiz is in six sections, having 10 questions in the first five specialized sections and 10 questions in the general knowledge section. The specialized sections are:
The Natural World
The answers are at the end, so test yourselves and above all have fun!
- A Night to Remember in 1958 was about which disaster?
- Which Hitchcock film has James Stewart confined to his room from which he spies on his neighbours?
- What is the name of a post World War III film which is based on a Neville Shute novel?
- Who wrote the music for West Side story?
- Which was the first James Bond film?
- What was the title of the D-Day landings film epic?
- Who directed the film The Bridges of Madison County?
- Which western was based on the Japanese film The Seven Samurai?
- The song Bali Hai comes from which film?
- Who played Bonnie in the 1967 film Bonnie and Clyde?
- Which act had a worlwide hit with Fire in 1968?
- What was the first number 1 album for Oasis?
- Which actor had a hit with MacArthur Park in 1968?
- Which boy band has had the most number 1 records?
- Ludwig van Beethoven was born in Austria. True or False?
- What do Julio Iglesias and Luciano Pavarotti have in common?
- Which was the first song written by Bob Dylan to reach number 1?
- Who did the Quarrymen become in the early sixties?
- Soprano Kiri Te Kanawa hails from which country?
- In which film did Clint Eastwood talk to the trees?
The Natural World
- Which ancient city in Iran was destroyed by an earthquake in 2003?
- The Blue Ridge Mountains are part of which U.S. range?
- Which cat has the biggest range across Africa and Asia?
- What is a hurricane called in the Asiatic regions?
- In which ocean is the Mindanao trench?
- What is the term for rock formed by volcanic activity?
- In which country is the Serengeti National Park?
- Which class of animals can live both in and out of water?
- By what means can dolphins locate their prey in the dark?
- The kittiwake is a species of which family of birds?
- The Claret Jug is associated with which sport?
- The Americas Cup is associated with which sport?
- The Larry O'Brien Trophy is associated with which sport?
- In which sport is the Stanley Cup awarded?
- The Malta Cup is awarded in which sport?
- In which tennis open championship can the Rosewater Dish be won?
- The trophy which is made of gold and has a golfer on the top of the lid is awarded to the winner of?
- In which sport can The Ashes be won?
- What sport is associated with The Subway Series?
- Which sport do the New England Patriots play?
- What is the capital of Romania?
- Christiana was the former capital of which country?
- What is the capital of Jordan?
- Which city was the capital of Egypt before Cairo?
- Which country has its capital as Montevideo?
- What was the capital of Zimbabwe before independence in 1980?
- Which capital stands on the Vitava river?
- What is the world's highest capital city?
- What is the capital of Ecuador?
- What was the former capital of Germany?
Opening Ceremony 2012 Olympic Games in London
- What was the name of Scooby Doo's nephew?
- Which giant bird legend is common to many?
- Which famous spy, executed by the French in 1917, was formerly a stripper in Berlin?
- Which city is the capital of Turkey?
- Which Spanish city has hosted the Olympic Games?
- In which battle was the German pocket battleship Graf Spee sunk?
- How was Albert de Salvo better known in 1960's?
- In which Italian city is Juventus based?
- Which was Shakespeare's last play?
- What is the ratio of black to white keys on a piano?
Answers to Films
- The sinking of the Titanic
- Rear Window
- On the Beach
- Leonard Bernstein
- Doctor No
- The Longest Day
- Clint Eastwood
- The Magnificant Seven
- South Pacific
- Faye Dunaway
Answers to Music
- The Crazy World of Arthur Brown
- Definately Maybe
- Richard Harris
- West Life
- Both were professional footballers
- Tambourine Man by The Birds
- The Beatles
- New Zealand
- Paint Your Wagon
Answers to The Natural World
- The Appalachians
- The leopard
- A typhoon
- The Pacific
- Echo location
Answers to Sport
- Yacht Racing
- Ice Hockey
- Wimbledon ladies singles winner
- The Ryder Cup
- American Football
Answers to Capital Cities
- La Paz, Bolivia
Answers to General Knowledge
- Scrappy Doo
- The Thunderbird
- Mata Hari
- Battle of the River Plate
- The Boston Strangler
- Henry VIII
- Five black, seven white