Questions about D&D.
Why do people play Dungeons and Dragons (D&D)?
- What is D&D? D&D is a table top fantasy role playing game that has to have a group of people in order to work. It has a group of characters (or a party) go through a quest completing puzzles and fighting in order to finish the quest.
- What do you need to play? You have to have a large set of dice, 12 sided, 20 sided, six sided, a couple ten sided, a four sided and an eight sided. You will also need to look through the many books, such as Players handbook, and the Unearthed Arcane to put together a character. Also, you will need pencils and paper.
- Don't only Nerds play D&D? That is a very wide belief among non-gamer's. Which was proven untrue when Vin Diesel told the public that he not only plays D&D but he loves it and he wrote the introduction to the anniversary book for D&D.
- Isn't D&D demonic? This is mainly a religion bases argument. And the answer is a big fat "no" because its just a game, many people that I have come across who have this opinion don't care if their kids play games like "Grand theft auto" which has you going around killing people and doing tasks to complete a mission, that sounds much like D&D.
- Why should people play D&D? It's a great way to meet with friends have a snack and just hang out while getting to know each other on a different level then just drinking or having dinner. You get to go through scenarios with your friends and see what happens based on your choices and your team work.