Indian RC Toy Plane Shop for Purchasing Raw Material in Delhi
Hobby shops are limited in India. Parents don't encourage their children to go into hobby sports.
A good shop to look for buying stuff for your RC toys is India Hobby Shop. It is a Calcutta-based company for the last 40 years; however, due to a recent spilt in the family, their business is decreasing.
They have a shop in Delhi too which used to be very big but recently it has decreased to a very small shop and they sell leather clothes too. I have listed the exact address in my hub RC planes for beginners into aeromodelling and it is located in CP near Jain Book Depot.
You go another block away and around the corner, there is another shop, which is doing good business because the person keeps all sorts of RC stuff. I don't remember his name, but the shop is a decent sized one with lots of RC toys including RC ships, RC cars, etc. displayed outside.
One more thing, this person also keeps spare parts like OS engines and balsa (but buy balsa from India Hobby Shop, as it is much cheaper over there.
I have found one more location in Delhi that is selling RC stuff. Here is the address and contact no.:
RC SKY HOBBY
221, Patparganj Industrial Area
New Delhi 110092
A couple of things to remember when making RC toy planes:
1. Toy planes/model planes are always by default over strong structurally than the loads they carry.
2. The engine sizing will depend on your AUW (All-up-weight), wing lift-curve slope, and stall speed, basically your total weight at take-off and wing-lift-curve slope and the wing area.
3. Another consideration is your drag but that is something you will be trying to reduce nevertheless.
4. For model planes, the throttle setting at take-off is generally at 60%, so you take-off at 60% of available power, so choose accordingly.
5. You will need an engineer that can provide enough power so that at stall speed, the required thrust overcomes drag. Also since the rate of climb for most toy planes is not negligible, a component of your thrust will be supporting lift too, so take that into consideration.