Romantic Scavenger Hunt Ideas
- Valentines Scavenger Hunt Clues
If you want to do something different this year, consider sending your loved one on a scavenger hunt to find their romantic gift, or clues to where the evening is heading ...
Who says scavenger hunts are just for kids? A romantic scavenger hunt is a great adult scavenger hunt idea for a game between two lovebirds who want to share just how much they mean to each other. Here is a list of just a few ideas for romantic scavenger hunts that you might want to participate in with your sweetheart.
· Find Your Date: Send your significant other in search of his or her own date! You can do this by leaving a trail of clues that will guide them to the location of their special mystery date. Design each clue so that one will lead to another, keeping your loved one on his or her toes and making sure that there is no shortage of suspense. Clues could be in the form of little notes and could read something like, “find the hot dog stand at the end of this street and order the number five combo. The name of the combo will give you the next clue as to where to go.” Have your loved one drop by a few places to get items they might need for the date, also. For example, you could have him or her run over to the local corner shop to pick up some candles that you can use to light up a birthday cake and make wishes or have him or her bring a corkscrew to open the bottle of wine you have waiting for them. The final destination could be anywhere you choose, but the best place, of course, is in a setting that your loved one would enjoy. This is a great way to get your significant other excited for the big mystery date and is a fun way to spice things up.
· Memory Lane: If you have been with your special someone for a long time and have a whole lot of memories with him or her, this is a great way to relive a few of them through a special adult scavenger hunt. Create clues that lead your loved one around the area where you are playing the game. You can hold this scavenger hunt in any kind of venue. Keep it intimate by staying in the house or make things a little more exciting by having your honey travel to different places around town, perhaps to places where you have built some special memories with them. Some good scavenger hunt clues for this type of game could sound like this: “go to the spot where we had our first kiss and look under the chair in the corner for the next clue” or “look for the first birthday gift you gave me and find the next clue underneath it.” This is a great way to indulge in some nostalgia while enjoying a fun and romantic game with your partner.
· Just Because: Who says you need a special occasion to put together a scavenger hunt? Leave little notes around the house or some other area for your significant other to find. These notes could be something as simple as “go to the dining room to find the special gift I made for you,” leading to a special candlelit dinner you prepared just for your loved one. Another good clue note might be this: “what two thing are red, plump, and can make my heart flutter? Head to the kitchen to find out.” This clue could lead your loved one to a little “just because” kiss on the lips. You can play this version in the comfort of your own home or hold this little event in some other place that is meaningful to both of you. This is a great way to go for anyone who wants to shower his or her loved one with affection for no special reason to turn it into a fun game.
· Trail: What’s more fun than a good hunt for some loot? This is the idea for this unique and very fun version of a scavenger hunt game. Leave a trail of clues that your sweetheart can follow. Clues can be as intricate or as simple as you would like them to be. They could read something like this: “walk to the right three feet, and look underneath the trash can for your next clue,” which could lead to something like, “turn around and find a yellow telephone pole. Walk straight to it and turn to your right. You will see your prize.” At the end, you can have a prize for them to claim. Make the prize something that your loved one will really appreciate and enjoy. This is a great way to organize a creative and memorable date for the both of you to share for years to come.
· Love Notes: This is a great way to shower your loved one with affectionate gestures until you’re blue in the face. To play this version of the scavenger hunt game, leave little notes for your significant other that let him or her know just how much you care about him or her. Clues in the form of notes can be hidden in various places that take your partner on a journey all around the city or even just around the house, to keep it more intimate. The notes can be as short and sweet or as lengthy and intricate as you would like to make them. Clues can be anything from “Turn around and look in the mirror and you will see the most beautiful girl in the world” to “Go to the coffee shop down the street, give the barista your name, and ask for the package that was left for you. Open it and you will find the next clue.” This is a great way to indulge in a few compliments and sweet nothings while playing a fun scavenger hunt game. Your special someone is sure to love it!
· Love Coupons: Did you ever buy your mom or dad a book of chore coupons for mother’s day or father’s day? Well, this is the same idea, only it is a whole lot more romantic. Coupons for things like kisses, hugs, or hand-holding can be made as prizes for this scavenger hunt. You can even design coupons that offer services for things like dishwashing, taking out the trash, or anything else that is important to your sweetheart and you think would make them happy. Your partner can turn them in later for whatever is listed on the coupon. Make up clues that will lead them to each and every coupon. You can hide these coupons in your house for a more intimate celebration or you can hide them in some public space. This is a great way to let your loved one know how special they are to you and how much you are willing to do to make his or her day just a little bit brighter.
· Reasons I Love You: This has the same idea of the love note scavenger hunt, but with a little twist. Write down a bunch of reasons why you love your significant other and leave them around the house or other venue where the game is being played. You can make it an nice, round number, like “one hundred reasons why I love you” or “50 reasons why a love you.” Have your honey hunt around for each reason and collect them all. This is a great way to make your significant other feel really special while incorporating a fun scavenger hunt game.
· Some Tips:
o Be Safe: This is the most important part of any scavenger hunt. Since there are probably no kids involved in a romantic scavenger hunt, there is no need to make sure everyone is supervised. However, if you do have a child that will be helping you out with this game, make sure that they are supervised and safe. Always make sure that you do everything in a safe and responsible way. You wouldn’t want anyone to get hurt for the sake of you and your loved one’s little romantic game together.
o Make Sure You Have Permission: If you are holding this scavenger hunt outdoors or if you are holding it in some public space, be sure that you are allowed to do so. Always get permission from owners or organizers of a venue if needed. You wouldn’t want to have to be forced to stop your game just because you hadn’t asked to do it first.
o Have Fun!: This is the most important part. The point is to have a lot of fun with your loved one and to let them know just how much you care about them.
© 2015 Brett