- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games
Spider-Man Unlimited Mobile Game Tips and Tricks Guide
Availability and Specs
Spider-Man Unlimited is currently in the top 5 on both IOS and Android devices, and for good reason. It's not particularly graphic intensive and I've gotten it to run on a couple devices that are both over a year old, so you're not going to need top notch devices to make this work.
BUT, the tablet experience is much more forgiving. As with any other north-south platform runner, you're going to need some room on your display to maneuver back and forth. You'll also have opportunities to tilt the device during gameplay so try not to play this on a hulking tablet (7-8 inches is going to be the sweet spot here).
Make sure you're on Wi-Fi because this guy sucks down data like Coca-Cola (as Kramer would have put it) and if you play for more than 5 minutes at a time then your device is also going to get toasty. You've been warned.
Spider-Man, you clever cat. All this time I'd written you off as a wimpy nerd who lucked into super powers and a new lease on life. You went through your adolescent insecurities and punk moments, and only then did you emerge as a true super hero worthy of legend.
I hated our dear Spidey Man because I was busier reading about tough guys like the X-Men, or Superman, heck, even Batman seemed to have more personality. But I was wrong, and I only truly admitted it once I started playing this Spider-Man Unlimited mobile game.
Forget the Spider-Man movies or the comics, because this version of the character and the gaming experience are terrific.
Spider-Man Unlimited Mobile Game
Remember Temple Run?? Imagine Temple Run with lots of lasers, flamethrower toting guys with jetpacks and slinging of spiderwebs. Tada, you've got Spider-Man Unlimited.
The bulk of your time is going to be spent running forward and flicking your character side to side to dodge obstacles, grab vials and power-ups. You'll also slide and jump to evade obstacles, defeat enemies and you'll be slinging web across the city. It's adrenaline-pumping, comic-filled madness and if you've enjoyed games like Iron Man or Minion Rush, then this will be your cup of tea.
Add in combos, multiple Spider-men, and daily events and you're in for a fun ride.
Spider-Man Unlimited Gameplay
Your Currency: Vials & ISO-8
I suppose that a Spider-Man game would feel out of place if you're collecting money or gold, so get ready to collect lots of vials. With it, you'll be doing a lot:
- You'll be spending 2500 a pop to recruit a new Spider-man from another dimension. This is a big part of the fun if you're a die-hard fun, and even I like seeing half a dozen different Spidey folks.
- You'll be spending 1000 a pop to open up another roster spot for Spider-guys so you'll be doing that a lot too.
- You can also buy power-ups for different effects and we'll cover that shortly.
You'll also collect ISO-8 and if you like spending money on mobile games, then you'll be buying ISO-8. With it you can buy premium Spider-men, better power ups and continues during levels (more on that later too)
Spider-Man Slinging Past Daily Bugle
Three main buckets of power ups to cover so we'll be quick:
- Spidey Energy Refill. 3 ISO-8. You automatically refill your energy (this beats waiting 10 minutes per energy and 5 in total when you start). You'll need energy to play any level so this is good to have on hand for when you're really addicted to the gameplay.
- Sensory Overload. 7 ISO-8. This gives you a 25% boost to your score for a level. It's severely overpriced unless you're a top notch player and you're trying to win a daily event.
- Formula Fanatic. 3 ISO-8. Triple vials collected after defeating an enemy. I wouldn't spend my ISO-8 here.
- Crushing Combos. 2x Combos for 3 minutes and an extra 3 seconds for your Combo Counter. So enticing that you can run up your combos to the high double digits.
- Web Hammer - 6 seconds to whack-a-mole an enemy. 5000 vials.
- Web Magnet - 6 seconds of collecting vials that you can see (attracting them to you). 5000 vials.
- Stats Multiplier - 6 seconds of double vials collected and combo counter. 5000 vials. My absolute favorite power-up!
- Web Shield - 10 seconds of protection from damage. 5000 vials.
- Vial Bonus - 15% more vials on the results screen for eternity. 75 ISO-8.
- Extra Experience - 15% more XP during runs so you'll level up faster. 75 ISO-8.
Spider-Man Unlimited Mobile Game
Let's Level Up
As you start playing, you're going to be faced with certain levels that have a level requirement so you'll need to ramp up quickly. You've got a couple different ways to tackle the problem so let's dive in.
- You can play a lot. Each time you run, you'll get XP based on how far you get, what power ups you use, and any bonuses your specific Spider-Man has. The game is fun so this is probably your best bet.
- You can buy power ups to get more XP when you play. Not recommended.
Are you playing Spider-Man Unlimited Mobile?
Are you playing Spider-Man Unlimited Mobile
So far here are the best tips I can share with you:
- Don't waste money on power-ups. I hate to have my first tip be about not doing something, but if you're going to open your wallet, I need to stop you. The power-ups available in the shop are nice, but your vials and ISO-8 are better spent elsewhere. Save your vials for getting more and more Spider-Men and roster spots. And save your ISO-8 for event continues.
- Save your ISO-8 for event continues. For emphasis, I will say it again. ISO-8 is really hard to come by and you only start with 25 so use it judiciously. When I'm playing a daily event and I've finally gotten to the end portion and I die, then that's when I use my ISO-8 to buy continues. You can use up to 3 continues per level.
- You will need lots of Spider-Mans. So taking a step back, you've already noticed that each Spider-Man has different strengths. One has an XP boost, one gets a vial boost, one gets a points boost based on how far you get in the level, etc. You will need them all, especially because daily events will give you a bonus for a certain Spider-Man outfit each day. So you'll raise your chances of finishing well and getting a nice prize.
- Make like Killer Instinct and go for combos. Combos boost your score, and add to the fun of the game, so pretend you're Jago or somebody else from Killer Instinct and get to it. Near misses with obstacles and hitting baddies generate combos and keep them going, and you only have a limited time before you need to chain another near miss, enemy attack or golden ring, so keep 'em coming.
- Play every hour (when you're free). 10 minutes to generate 1 energy and 5 energy slots available so you're getting 5 new lives every hour. You need to level up, get more Spider-Men, rank up, level up, get power-ups, and over and over again.
Unlimited Spider-Man Wham!
I believe that being frugal and making smart money choices is like any other exercise. As we continue to practice good habits in saving money where possible, finding deals for what we want, and having a good time at it, then we become better at dealing for a living.
I'm committed to sharing my experiences with getting the most out of using credit cards, saving and spending tips, and I might even add a slice of perspective without trying to be a psychoanalyst like some other personal finance folks out there.
Please let me know what you think and if you'd like to hear my take on a specific topic.
PS. I've also started writing on my own site: dealforaliving.com.
You're Going to Love It
Now that you've got some basic tips under your belt, back to playing (remember, play every hour). I'm totally addicted to the game and it's getting worse by the minute, which is a good because it's just a mobile game to make the time go by. But seriously, Spider-Man Unlimited is a ton of fun even if you're not a die-hard comic book reader.
It's Temple Run with better graphics and more varied gameplay, and who doesn't love that?