- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games
The Sims 3 Late Night Expansion Pack Preview
At the time of writing, The Sims 3 Late Night Expansion Pack has yet to be officially released, but there are previews a plenty to let players know what to expect, and thank the lord for that because the trailer doesn't do the pack much justice at all. Though it is not set to be quite as incredibly game changing as Ambitions, Night Life sees the introduction of a whole new way of life for Sims - the celebrity, rock star, undead life, to be precise. Developers openly admit that the inspiration for The Sims 3 Night Life was taken from The Sims 2 Nightlife, but claim to have taken a 'more mature' approach to this expansion pack.
Here's a quick breakdown of what you'll be getting when you buy the The Sims 3 Late Night expansion pack:
- Bridgeport. A new town where Sims can partay, as the young people used to say sometime in the 80's. Bridgeport is a sprawling metropolis compared to other sim towns, with an impressive skyline created by the many high rises, where your sim might just be lucky enough to live.
- New Traits, Shy or Star Quality. Does your sim have Star Quality yet to be recognized by the world at large? Are they cursed by shyness but also with a burning desire to be famous? Two new traits allow you to give your sims a step up in the world, or hold them back with crippling shyness.
- Vampires. That's right, Vampires are back in Night Life. Why the trailer bothers showing sims carousing like lunatics when there are vampires to drool over is beyond me, but there you go.
- Band Career. Sims can choose from one of four instruments, a drum kit, double bass, keyboard or piano. In order to progress in the Band career, sims need a band of four and they need to show up to the gigs they'll be offered fairly regularly. It is also possible to form fun bands that may contain only two sims.
- Film Career. Become an actor or a director and reap the rewards associated with playing high stakes sim make believe.
- Celebrity Status. Night life allows your sims to become celebrities. In order to become a celebrity, your sims must schmooze and pal around with other celebrities and lie about how great they are in order to impress the famous sims. Once they become celebrities in their own right, sims get discounts everywhere they go, are fawned over by other sims and followed by sim paparazzi.
- Serious Soundtrack. Night Life contains songs from Soulja Boy, Kelly Rowland, Kellis, My Chemical Romance, and many more real life celebrity artists.
- New Sim Furniture. Ever wished your sims could have a hulking great piano in the middle of their lounge? Night Life makes that dream happen. It also includes other luxury items like wall mounted fish tanks, bubble bars and more.
Night Life appears to be the very first Sims 3 expansion pack that actively encourages and facilitates grouping. Your sims go out as a group, which sticks together through thick and thin, unless two of the sims get a little too cozy and create an angry 'third world'. There are a wide range of bars to visit, from little dive bars to high class establishments that won't take a second look at your sims until they've straightened their hair and lied about how much money they make.
There's a bunch of new content included in the expansion, including household objects like wall mounted digital fish tanks, bubble bars, grand pianos hot tubs and the mechanics of the game finally allow sims to live in luxurious high rise penthouse.
This is going to be an expansion pack worth setting aside some simoleons for.