ArtsAutosBooksBusinessEducationEntertainmentFamilyFashionFoodGamesGenderHealthHolidaysHomeHubPagesPersonal FinancePetsPoliticsReligionSportsTechnologyTravel

The Vast World of Video Games

Updated on November 20, 2016

What do video games accomplish?

First off, a video game is a game played by electronically manipulating images produced by a computer program on a television screen or other display screen, pretty simple right? Well believe it or not these simple things consumes 68% of American households to this day, is this a bad thing though? It's not necessarily as bad as American consumers would think, today as video game sells increase in the billions each year, violent crimes are reduced by millions in the same years. This decrease in violent crimes can be a result of the ever growing America and the technology being produced as a result to stop these crimes, but many believe that It is a direct result of teens and young adults being introduced to a new means of activity and new age of games and entertainment for these maturing young adults. This era is not just limited to adolescent males but also to the female population, research has shown that 60% of the gaming population consists of males while the other 40% is given to females. Drifting away from statistical side of things, video games are excellent ways to past time for many people and are used to occupy people of all ages and gender. The gaming community has risen 18% just in the past 3 years alone, and I only see it rising further in the coming years as virtual reality becomes a thing of the present and different programs are being produced to help further businesses just by diving into a game and trying out different ideas then making them a reality. Video games will always be around and will always find a way into our American lives, whether that is to relieve stress, pass the time, develop that new grand idea you've been having, or simply connect with friends that you would have no means to connect with otherwise. Video games are the future of American ideals.

Virtual Reality

Virtual Reality is a new thing of the present, once seen as decades away is now being introduced to American homes as video games. With PlayStation announcing their new VR headset just months ago and releasing it just weeks ago, and the new release of the VR devise called the Oculus Rift, Virtual Reality has become all too real to many American homes. Virtual Reality in a short is, the computer-generated simulation of a three-dimensional image or environment that can be interacted with in a seemingly real or physical way by a person using special electronic equipment, such as a helmet with a screen inside or gloves fitted with sensors. This allowing the user to virtually drift off from reality and become submerse in his or her own fantasy or reality. Now this can be looked at in many different ways, should we be allowed to essentially leave our own reality to enter a new one, or should we be able to alter our minds and thoughts for what is real and fiction? No one really has the authority to say other than the user of these devises themselves. The idea of a video game that can give the user feeling of it being reality has always intrigued designers and will always be the focus from thus on out. No matter how you look at it, though, it is still a video game and is nothing to fear for anyone using a VR system. The VR systems are ever growing and will continue to be developed as time passes and new options arise to use these systems.

Virtual Reality (VR) is a video game at the core but can be used for many different purposes. VR has been used for mental healing in elderly or potentially terminal patients as a way to experience what they physically could not. VR has also been introduced in our United States military as a mean to train our soldiers in a safe atmosphere without ever having to see live combat until they are fully ready for the actions they will have to commence. Essentially, video games are used every day by any and all types of people whether you are fully aware of it or not. Thus is another reason why video games will always be around and will not see an end in this decade or the next.

© 2016 Brayden Rachel

Comments

    0 of 8192 characters used
    Post Comment

    No comments yet.