- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games
New Tips and Tricks for Halo Reach & Anniversary Multiplayer: How to Not Fail
Gotta love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Halo: Reach has been out for almost a year and throughout the recent months I have discovered new tips and tricks for the multiplayer matchmaking aspect of the game. I am an avid Halo player and have been since I was 11 years old. Throughout the Halo games I've realized shortcuts and new techniques on how to mess with an opponents psyche, traverse maps more efficiently, and utilize game mechanics in ways not many people know of. Today I would like to share with you my personal favorite tips and tricks for Reach. Feel free to try them out and be sure to let me know how it goes.
Get to the sniper
This tip works out great in either slayer or big team slayer battles on hemorrhage. Essentially, before you spawn select the jetpack loadout. Hold forward on the left thumbstick so you move forward instantly when you spawn. While holding forward and after you spawn, jump into the air as quickly as possible while using the jetpack armor ability. you'll want to fly towards the sniper rifle, using gravity to bring you down quickly, and feathering your landing a couple seconds before hitting the ground. Hold X while you feather your landing on top of the sniper rifle and that's all you have to do. You'll be getting the sniper rifle before your team mates every time.
Up next is a hologram based tactic that if timed right and performed correctly, could leave your opponent scratching their head and then some. Basically you have to 'become' the hologram. Spawn a hologram while looking at the ground, as soon as the hologram spawns immediately raise your head and walk in a completely straight line. If done correctly your opponent may think you are a harmless hologram but that just gives you enough time to give them a good back smack. Take note my hologram is standing still and I am the one walking forward.
My stats with the Onza
If your really serious about improving your game...
Check out my Onza review
- Review: Razer ONZA Tournament Edition Controller (Battlefield 3 Edition)
Review of the Razer ONZA Tournament Edition Controller. Is the controller a must use? Will it increase my k/d ratio? Read on friend.
This tactic again utilizes the hologram armor ability. You can basically use your holograms as a shield, when timed right they can deter melee strikes and absorb a few rounds from automatic weapons. Be careful as this will not work when trying to deflect sniper shots and other powerful weapons.
Quick Tips for Playing the Classic Anniversary Playlist
- Know how high you can jump. Unlike traditional multiplayer, the height you can reach while jumping has been reduced slightly but it is still there. I suggest testing the new maps out by yourself or with friends in a custom game first. This way you will know what jumps are possible.
- Pace the powerful pistol. The pistol has been dramatically improved damaged wise but still needs to be tamed. Practice getting the correct trigger pull amount depending on the distance of your foe. I suggest zoomed head shot only shots at a far distance, but feel free to fire as fast as you can with any enemy that is a short grenade throw away or closer. This in between distance is up to you. Practice until you find what works for your playstyle.
- Melee is your last resort. Melee hits without an object (skull, bomb, flag, etc.) are weak sauce. It takes 3 hits to kill someone with full shields. Fire at your enemy first until you are truly melee distance away.
And those were my tips and tricks folks. Contact me with any questions and be sure to tell me if these techniques worked for you.