- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Toys for Kids
Ultimate Webkinz Guide
The Webkinz Craze
The newest TY Beanie Baby craze is the Webkinz stuffed animal. This difference with these stuffed animals is that they come with a special code, allowing the recipient to access the Webkinz World, which is an online, interactive website that allows you to "adopt" a virtual version of the stuffed animal pet and engage in virtual interaction with the pet(s).
The stuffed animal was originally released by Ganz in 2005, but it seems that this internet pet has just recently become the craze for 2007.
Your new virtual pet starts when you bring home your Webkinz or Lil Kinz plush toy. With each toy, you receive a secret code, and when you go to Webkinz World, you enter the code in order to adopt the pet, virtually. You choose the pet's name and decide if it's a boy or a girl. Once you're adoption has been completed, you're shown your new pet's room, and with the initial 2,000 Kinzcash you can redecorate the room by purchasing furniture from the W shop. You can, also, purchase food and clothes for your pet at with your Kinzcash in the W Shop.
Your new pet relies on you to stay happy, healthy, and fed, which you can check by reading the 'healthy,' 'hungry,' and 'happy' meters. In order to keep the meter high, your pet requires daily exercise, food, and clothing. You can earn more Kinz cash by answering questions and learning in Webkinz World, as well as, playing in the arcade.
There are daily activities and weekly contests that you can participate in, as well as various surprises along the way.
But, don't worry, you don't have to play alone. You can invite your friends to see your room and challenge them in the tournament arena of the arcade. You can even chat with your friends in the KinzChat area, but you don't have to worry about your personal information being revealed.
There's no end to the number of pets that you can have in Webkinz world, so don't worry about any limits. You can add new pets by purchasing more Webkinz and Lil Kinz plush toys.
Webkinz World House
If you're new to Webkinz, you may be interested in a few tips:
- If you have a friend with an unused "friend code," see if you can have it because when you sign up, you'll be asked for one. And, if you have one, you'll start off with more KinzCash.
- Have an alternative user name because your first choice may be taken. Make sure it's easy for you to remember.
- When you start off decorating and furnishing your room, you want to make sure to have the right things early on to prevent your pet from getting ill due to low Healthy and Happiness levels. Add a bed and a bathtub, to start.
In Webkinz World, you will find:
- Activities and Games like 'Lunch Letters'
- W Store
- Kitchen to make recipes to feed your pets
- Pet of the Week
- And More!!
OH! And don't forget that you can play with, exercise, feed, bathe, and put your pet to bed.
- Take a spin on the Wheel of Wow
- Take 5 spins on the Wishing Well
- Play Wacky Bingoz
- Go on a Gem Hunt
- Play the Game of the Day for extra KinzCash
- Answer Quizzy's Today's Trivia
Other ways to earn KinzCash?
- Daily clicking "I love my webkinz" in the Daily KinzCare tab, to which you will receive a Care Award consisting of KinzCash and a food item.
- In Today's Activities, find the 'Hourly and Daily Events' button. There items may be on sale, games may award bonus points, and you may even find items and money being given away.
- In the Employment Office, you can choose a job once every 8 hours, and by doing the job 3 times, you will move up a level and earn more KinzCash.
- Remember to participate in weekly surveys and contests, which will win you extra KinzCash, as well.
- Oh, and try to save up you Wacky Zingoz coupons, so that you can use them on the one-ball game, as you can earn big buck there.
In order to keep your Webkinz pet's fed, happy, and healthy, you may want to try making a few Webkinz Recipes. This will keep you meters high, so you may want to learn a few tricks around the kitchen.
A few recipes that you may want to try include:
- Aquarus Jelly - asparagus, fish sticks, jelly
- Banana Split - cherries, ice cream cone, banana
- Galactic Gumball- orange, honey, pumpkin
- Bluffles Waffle Shack - cupcake, waffles, blueberries
- Crème Caramel - eggs, milk, toffee
- Werrigetti - spaghetti, watermelons, strawberries
Try using the "Sandwich Maker":
- Bean Burrito - cheeses, pancakes, baked beans
- Birthday Party Sandwich - bread, mac & cheese, hot dogs
- Deep Sea Barnacle Bagel - shrimp, fish sticks, bagel
- Kablookie Sandwich - cookies, blueberries, kiwi fruit
- Sloppy Joeking - spaghetti, tomato, bread
- Nuggetdog Megaroni - mac & cheese, hot dogs, chicken nuggets
- Turquoise Sandwich - blueberries, green grapes, bread
And, if you want to try your hand at the blender, try:
- Almond Blutrice Punch - almonds, blueberries, orange juice
- Atomicolicious Punch - cherries, orange, peach
- Fizzletwist Pop- licorice, cream soda, cola
- Sweet & Sour Smoothie- orange, pink limonade, milk
Make Slippamarink Sandwich
Webkinz Trading Cards
Webkinz Trading Cards are now available for you to collect, trade, and play games with. These cards are the first series of Webkinz Trading Cards, which includes 80 base set cards, featuring Webkinz pets, characters, items, and recipes for you to collect.
There are three subsets of the trading cards:
- Challenge Cards are used to play in the "Challenge" game. You can play with just your cards, combine cards with your friends, and build your own decks to test your skills. Currently, there are 15 Challenge cards for you to collect.
- Foil cards show your favorite rare items. These cards share the history of the items and Arte's opinion of the items. There are currently, 8 Curiosity Cards on the market.
- The Doodlez Cards show you never-before-seen sketches made by the Webkinz artists. These foild cards give you special insight into how the characters, games, and items, were designed. Collect all 8 of these cards.
If you enjoyed the Challenge game, then you may be interested in the online version in the Tournament Arena in Webkinz World.
There are tons of Webkinz Cheats on the internet, ranging from how to get more KinzCash, pets, and arcade wins. Some people claim that these Cheats do not work. An example of these cheats would be that when you press ctrl+m+g you will receive 1,000,000 Kinzcash. But, honestly, what's the fun if you have to cheat?
Ganz has made an official statement on their website, stating that it is aware that some members are trying to use certain means to cheat on the site. The company continues to say that using the cheats is considered to be an attempt to circumvent the security on the system and is considered a violation to the User Agreement.
If you decide to use the cheats that you find on the web, be aware that there are risks. The company has the right to permanently terminate your account, no matter how many pets you have adopted. The company is serious in their attempts to enforce the rules of the User Agreement, so no excuses will be forgiven. If you notice an extra amount of Kinzcash in your account, notify Ganz, so that you aren't banned from the Webkinz World.
Webkinz Challenge Game
Webkinz trading cards have the special 'Challenge' cards that you use when playing the Challenge Game. To understand how to play the game, you need to understand the basics.
There are three dfiferent types of cards to include:
- Base Cards- list the Traits (Pet, Character, or Food that describe what's on the card), Name, and Text Box (more info about the pet/item).
- Action Cards- allow you to do special things when it's your turn.
- Challenge Cards- lists the challenge and the prize that you will win for winning the challenge.
When playing Webkinz' Challenge Game, you will need at least 2 players, at least 50 Base Cards and 7 Challenge Cards (for more than 2 players, add 3 cards per additional player).
- Separate the Base and Challenge cards into 2 decks.
- Decide who goes first.
- Deal each player 5 cards from the Draw Deck.
- Take the top 3 cards from the Challenge Deck, laying them side-by-side, so each player can see them as each player is trying to complete the same challenges.
- On your turn, you may take one of the following actions
- Draw the top card from the Draw Deck
- Discard a card in the Discard Pile and draw 2 cards from the Draw Deck
- Play and Action card from your hand
- Attempt a Challenge
Once you have completed your turn, the player on the right takes his turn.
When you play an Action Card, show the Action Card and the Base Card that you want to use to all the players. Perform the action, and discard the Action Card.
When attempting a challenge, indicate which challenge you want to attempt, and do what the card tells you to do except the Challenge (you may have to discard certain cards), and then claim your prize by doing what the prize says. If you do not have any of the specified cards to discard, you do not get the prize; otherwise, showthe players that you have successfully performed the Challenge, discard that card and replace it with a new Challenge card.
You must complete four challenges to win the game.
Pictures can be found at flickr.com