- Games, Toys, and Hobbies
Weird Uses for Duct Tape
Supposedly there are over one million uses for duct tape. Here are a few of the weirder ones!
- PROM CLOTHES - Duck brand tape sponsors a contest each year. Eligible students from across the country try their hand at designing a full set of prom clothes -- completely with duct tape! Some of the things these kids come up with could rival Project Runway in the area of style. Heck, some of them are much BETTER than what you'd see on Project Runway.
- CAR REPAIR - If you're a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead, then you saw Jim fix the RV with duct tape. Of course, the repair won't last anywhere as long as it might from actual parts, but it should hold at least long enough for you to make it to the nearest garage. (I hear pantyhose works for some repairs, but that's a whole other hub!)
- FLIP-FLOPS - This stuff comes in so many colors, there's no reason you can't make enough duct tape flip-flops to accessorize with your entire wardrobe.
- WALLET - Last year, the local craft store had a free kids' craft for Father's Day. Each child made and took home a for their dad! duct tape wallet
- FIRST AID HELP - If your first aid kit is lacking adhesive bandages, forget the medical tape and steri-strips. Just get out your tool box for some duct tape first aid! Duct tape is the friend to hikers and bikers everywhere. It wraps around toes, heels, ankles, wrists, elbows, fingers -- and any other body part that needs to be kept dry and clean. You can also use duct tape to remove splinters. This is especially useful for the bottoms of tender feet!
- HAIR REMOVAL - Forget forking over fistfuls of dollars to the local day spa. With duct tape, you can remove hair from your body -- or someone else's body -- like nobody's business. Just apply the tape to the offending area, wait a few seconds, then quickly rip it off. It might make your job more quiet if you use another piece of tape and apply it to the victim's mouth. You know what they say -- silence is golden; but duct tape is silver.
These are just a few of the uses for duct tape. Apply a bit of your own imagination and I'm sure you can come up with many more. I'd love to hear about them in the comments section -- especially if it's something you've already tried for yourself. Thanks for reading!