- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games
Candy Crush Level 88 - Irritating Licorice Swirls
Candy Crush Level 88
Sometimes, you may wonder if Candy Crush is more of a game of luck than a game of skill. But in Level 88, you will certainly need more than just luck in order to finish it. All of the things you’ve learned during the previous levels will be put to the test as you try to work your way around those troublesome Licorice Swirls. It can take you several days before you complete this level, but don’t give up just yet.
Read this tutorial and learn some useful tips and tricks that will help you get past Candy Crush Level 88.
1 Star: 50,000 points
2 Stars: 75,000 points
3 Stars: 100,000 points
Candy Crush Level 88
18 Double Jelly Squares
Number of Candy Colors
How to Beat Level 88 on Candy Crush
- Your objective in Level 88 is to clear 18 double jelly squares and score at least 50,000 points in 40 moves or fewer. The jellies are located underneath the Licorice Swirls, which are probably your most hated blockers right now.
- The first thing you have to do is to break the Licorice Swirls. The only way you can do this at the beginning is through horizontally striped candies. Keep an eye out on every vertical match-4 opportunity. You will need those striped candies to beat this level.
- Wrapped candies are next to useless in this level, unless combined with a striped candy. A Wrapped Candy + Striped Candy combo will destroy three layers of Licorice Swirls on both sides.
- Once you have removed the Licorice Swirls, you may see some possible matches in the isolated columns. If you see one, go for it. Chances like this are rare and it will help clear jellies without you having to rely on horizontally striped candies too much.
- Vertically striped candies also don’t help a lot if you have one in the main board, but if there aren’t any moves left, you can use a vertically striped candy to clear a lot of candies and hopefully get new ones that will allow you to form horizontally striped candies.
- Also plan your moves and try to get a Color Bomb. A Color Bomb + Striped Candy combo alone can win you the game when used correctly.
- Try to match your Color Bomb with a striped candy that is of the same color as one located in both the isolated columns. You might be lucky and get a vertically striped candy in each of the two side columns, clearing all the jellies.
- Be patient and use your moves wisely. This level can be really frustrating, but with the help of the tips mentioned above, you should be well equipped to beat Candy Crush Level 88.