Dark Souls 2 Defeat the Last Giant in the Forest of the Fallen Giants
Dark Souls 2 Defeat the Last Giant
In Dark Souls 2, the last giant carries the soldier key that will open the doors in the forest of the fallen giants. The locked doors in the forest of the fallen giants will unlock treasures and allow the hero an alternative way to the Lost Bastille. And the last giant is a boss monster that must be defeated.
This will guide the hero with -
- how to get to the last giant by speed run
- how to defeat the last giant
- the forest of the fallen giants walkthrough to get the important items
Dark Souls 2 How to Get to the Last Giant in the Forest of the Fallen Giants
The hero will start at the fourth bonfire in the Cardinal Tower.
- Descend the ladder and turn left past 2 undead.
- Turn left and go past the third undead (who is slumbering) and through the mist door
- Go up the tree slope.
- Turn left and run past the corridor and the 2 undeads.
- Go down the stairs and run past 2 more undead.
- Go down the ladder and turn left and head to the tortoise shelled monster at Evade the above monster. Then turn left and go past two undead with spears and shields on the left. Make sure the hero runs on the right of the undeads to lure them away from the mist door that is in the centre between the two undeads.
- Activate the mist door before the undeads and the tortoise monster get behind the hero.
- Run past the dissipating mist and go ahead and unlocked the door that can be opened from this side.
- Run towards the ladder and climb back up to the Cardinal tower bonfire. Save and reset the game.
- Now descend down to the ladder again and turn left past the gate and turn left towards the lift.
- Step onto the panel and the lift will descend down to the lower levels.
- Turn left and run towards the mist door, dispatching an undead along the way.
- Go through the mist door.
Dark Souls 2 Defeat the Last Giant
The Last Giant dwells beyond. The last giant has several attacks which are devastating -
- a sweep attack with his hands in a wide arc like fashion. Later on, the last giant will detach his arm and use it as the arc attack tool
- A stomp attack with either of his foot, depending on which one the hero is attacking.
- A jump back move which will reset his attacking moves.
When the combat starts, the last giant will rush in towards the hero. Run between his legs and roll. Then stick like glue to his foot and use one stab or quick attack on his foot. Do not be greedy. When the last giant starts stomping with that foot, roll away and stab into that foot again when the danger clears. Repeat this until the last giant is defeated.
The hero may be injured by the foot or the sweeping arc attack. These cause a lot of damage. The hero should have full health as a human, or be a hollow with full health. Hence, the speed run from bonfire to bonfire is very important.
When injured, run away from the giant and heal up using the lifegems or ectus flask. Then repeat the sequence of attack again.
It is recommended that the hero not attack the last giant if he has health half his maximum total amount. The stomp or sweep attack will take out the hero in one shot. To get to full health again, use the human effigy to go back to human again and then restart the steps above.
- With the defeat of the last giant, the hero will get the soldier key.
Dark Souls 2 Forest of the Fallen Giants Walkthrough
The soldier key unlocks some important doors.
- From the Cardinal Tower bonfire, go down the ladder again and this time, engage the halberd wielding undead coming towards the hero across the bridge. Defeat the undead and more undeads and head across the bridge and use the soldier key to unlock the door. This will lead the hero to an area where he must show the king's signet ring. There is also a chest where the hero can get the Ring of Minor Restoration.
- From the Cardinal Tower bonfire, go down the ladder and turn left. Go to the doorway (previously a mist door) with two undeads with spears and defeat them. Turn right and use the soldier key to unlock the door lies ahead. Go up the stairs and reach another door. Go beyond to defeat the Pursuer. This is the alternative route to the Lost Bastille.
- Where the hero had turned left towards the tortoise monster, if the hero had turned right and right again and entered a room with catapults, do not stop but keep running, the hero will reach a ladder where he can descend to get a titanium shard.