Dark Souls 2 Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the first sin
Today, I wanna talk a little bit about the upcoming update to the already fantastic game Dark Souls 2. The update coincides with the release of Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin. This new update is scheduled for release on April 3rd on Xbox One, PS4 and PC. This update brings with it many new improvements and features. These features include updated graphics a new NPC, expanded in game events and many other balances. I will expand on these features in the hubs below.
General Added Features
- The Scholar of the first sin - presumably the new NPC that will help explain sore lore about the game
- Added item description - another way of explaining the vast lore of Dark Souls 2
- The Agape ring - This will allow players to control there soul memory by having the ring absorb souls during online play. The constant killing of the mirror knight wont be refflected in your soul memory
- The bonfire warp screen will now show the top three heavy populated areas. So stay away if you don't wanna be invaded
- White phantoms will now stay in the hosts world for longer and with no chance of being returned to their world during a boss fight.
- Players can reverse the effects of human effigies at bonfires. Say goodbye to the eight skeletons in the manor basement
Added media and links
Below is the announcement trailer for the game. If you haven't checked it out I highly recommend doing so. Also there is a link to the full list of the patch notes.
Covenant Specific changes
Blue Sentinels - If you're a blue phantom and are summoned to help kill a red phantom and succeed, your devotion to the covenant increases by 1. So equip the ring and help out your fellow hollows.
Rat King - As part of the covenant when you summon your prey into your world and kill them you get a Pharros' Lockstone and additionally you will now get a smooth & silky stone. Set your traps and destroy those who lurk in the pit.
Bell Keeper - When you invade and win you win now get one of the following, Titanite Chunk, Titanite Slab, Twinkling Titanite, Petrified Dragon Bone
Pilgrims of Dark - When you kill an abyss spirit in the Dark Chasm of old you now get a human effigy and a Bonfire ascetic. Good luck
Brotherhood of Blood - When you invade and a blue summon is present, if you vanquish it, you'll rank up your devotion +2
Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin
Link to Patch Notes
Here is the link to the Patch notes for Dark Souls 2