- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games»
- Online Video Games
Dragon Nest Saleana | Pyromancer
Dragon Nest Saleana
Saleana, or commonly known in other Dragon Nest versions as 'Pyromancer,' is the 2nd class advancement (3rd job) of Fire-element based elemental lords. Often people would infer to this class as the more PvE oriented type, due to their very high DPS and Crit. Saleanas however does not only play well in PvE, they are also extremely fierce in PvP battles, and have undeniably higher damage outputs compared to their ice counterparts.
Saleanas are often the more preferred Elemental Lord build in large group PvP (8v8) as well as in guild Vs guild battles (16v16) because of the high AoE and damage of their skills.
Take note that Saleanas aren't only limited to fire skills, heck some people even cross linked 2nd job advancements, like ice-saleana and fire-elestra. This is possible because of the two-ultimate skill system, in which you are able to waive the prerequisite ultimate skill of your alternate 2nd class advancement and therefore create cross builds.
Saleana | Pyromancer Skills
Saleana's skills are entirely offensive, beefing up the damage with burning hand and fireball EX. Burning hand can go along with a critical, hence this is why most saleanas pump their crits and hellfire skill. (Passive skill that increase critical rate of fire skills in the elemental lord skill tree.)
Skill Type: Passive
- During 2nd or 3rd charging levels, left-click to fire improved fireballs. Alternatively, right click after the third charge to shoot 3 fireballs at a fan-shaped manner.
+20% damage for a third level charge
Simply makes an imba skill more imba. Even saw a 500k fireball damage from a high end FD saleana build. Can even beat snipers when it comes to sniping.
Skill Type: Passive
- When using fire element skills, there is a small chance to deal extra damage.
- Magic damage +20%
- 15% Chance
- Cooldown: 3.5 sec
Combined with Hellfire, this skill pumps up the saleanas DPS. And hey, this skill procs more often than you think. :)
Skill Type: Active
- Summon a lava ball that rolls to the front. The lava will explode after a certain distance and deals significant damage.
Magic Damage 1024% + 8096
Huge huge damage, but very very slow. Very effective in PvE, but for PvP, you might need someone to set you up (Time stop, Spirit Boost, Ankle Snare, Bind etc..).
Saleana | Pyromancer Builds
Saleana builds vary from pure Final Damage, critical and DPS, hybrid fire+ice, to a tanker one (shield). Since 2nd job advancements are not yet available in our home server, I cannot completely create a build for this one. For a complete reference on Saleana Builds check out the links below:
Compiled by Chaose5 in dn.mmosite forum
Due to an HP policy, I can't link to mmosite more than once. Hence please simply look unto these guides on yourself: (on mmosite that is)
- [TL] xKami's Pure FD Saleana Build
- Saurus Fire Elestra / Saleana Build
- Kel's Ele PVE Build (lvl 50)
Saleana | Pyromancer Pros and Cons
As with every class, Saleana definitely has advantages as well as disadvantages. These however, are purely for general preference as the pros and cons of this class entirely depend upon your chosen build. And since these builds are already complex on its own (some builds focus on offense and others on survivability), these pros and cons aren't always applicable.
- Extreme Damage (Raw mDMG + Crit)
- Final Damage Seleana build is faster in clearing dungeons in which enemies are immune to freeze.
- Skills have better AoE considering their damage.
- Fireball EX is extremely powerful in PvP.
- Rolling Lava skill moves very slow.
- Less survivability compared to Elestra (Ice Witch) - you can make up with your skills anyway. (Exception: Saleana Tanker Build)
Whatever your build is, I highly recommend you exploit the burning hand and hellfire skill for the high DPS. The rest is a matter of preference.
See how a fully-equipped pure Final Damage Saleana solo the level 50 ArchBishop Nest at Hell Mode: (Not yet available at DN NA and SEA) Courtesy of [TL] xKami