jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do I figure out if my computer meets a video game's "system requirements?"

1. Shadesbreath profile image86
    Shadesbreathposted 7 years ago

How do I figure out if my computer meets a video game's "system requirements?"

Is there someplace I can just click on or something that tells me all the processor size and ram and what my video card is and all that other stuff?

2. bluefire profile image61
    bluefireposted 7 years ago

Yes. Click the start button, hit run, then type "dxdiag" in the box. You'll have to look at the windows a bit but all the information about your computer should be listed there.

This is for a PC. No idea about Mac/Linux

3. Xgear profile image54
    Xgearposted 7 years ago

You can visit http://www.canyourunit.com, it doesnt contain all the games ever but it has a pretty nice list with most of the latest released games, it'll automatically check your PC specs and match them with the manufacturers minium and recommended specs and tell you wether you can run the game or not and why can't you run it.

4. romper20 profile image86
    romper20posted 7 years ago

Start, my computer, view my computer details. See if you have 3g on the menu on.

5. profile image0
    dakshimposted 7 years ago

Open notepad  write any two words ,for e.g. Hello Buddy,
    Save it as any .nfo  file on Desktop.

Open that saved file, A error will come "System Information can't open this NFo file,It might be corrupted or an unrecognised version"
    Click ok,
    Then your System properties were open.

There you can find anything about your PC

6. JonesChicago profile image54
    JonesChicagoposted 7 years ago

Going through the start menu choose control panel, then system info, it will tell you the processor you have its speed, the video card you have etc...