jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is your favorite strategy game for the PC?

1. vaguesan profile image83
    vaguesanposted 7 years ago

What is your favorite strategy game for the PC?

I think mine would have to be Civilization 4
    I write about it a little in this hub: http://hubpages.com/hub/pc-games-under-15

2. profile image0
    zainulrizaposted 7 years ago

Age of kings and civilizations...both are magnificent. The Age of Empire III is not good as the prior version (AOK).
    Civilization is always great....

3. L3B0 profile image72
    L3B0posted 7 years ago

Civilizations 4 with the new expansions is great.

4. johnsams profile image70
    johnsamsposted 7 years ago

I think Age of Empires is amazing,  I also used to play this game called Fate of Dragon which was pretty nice too

5. profile image45
    Daneoidposted 7 years ago

Medieval 2: Total War. It's the best by a looooong shot.
    Age of empires/starcraft are all just little kiddies games in comparison. Civ 4 is ok for the depth and scale etc.. but the combat is just woefull (c'mon, an indian with bows and arrows defeating tanks and apache helicopters....seriously) And medieval 2 comes pretty damn close in terms of scale and depth.

6. The Red Baron profile image68
    The Red Baronposted 7 years ago

Company of Heroes... definitely.  Check out some videos on youtube about it.  I wrote a review on my hubs too.

7. profile image0
    Inkypenposted 7 years ago

Sid Meyer's games are definitely up there, they are respected in the rts genre since they involve real-elements of micro-management and particularly the latest Civ titles are difficult to play well. I'd also include Dune 2; though I didnt own the original I've played the graphical remake (from 2000 something) and its really good.

Don't forget command and conquer absolute classics, still own Tiberian Sun and James Earl Jones is priceless!