New graphic card help? Hey there,

1. profile image49
    ddesterderposted 7 years ago

New graphic card help?

Hey there,

I have a intel(R) GMA 3000 graphics card. Well,...
    apparently its not good enough for some of my video games. I was told about ati radeon and a nvidia geforce graphics; how would I install one on my computer? Would I have to take it hardware apart, or is it something I can just download and buy off the internet?

Sorry if I sound stupid, computers are not my strong point.

Any help would be great. Thanks!!

2. Lgali profile image57
    Lgaliposted 7 years ago

all u have to do is go to control panel>system>hardware>device manager>display and disable the intel graphics.

then u shut down the computer and insert your card. and plug in the monitor to the appropriate port
    after u turn on the computer, the computer should recognize the card and automatically install the proper drivers. then after startup, go to control panel>display to change the resolution to what u want. then go on the internet and download the latest catalyst drivers.

btw...i dont think your card supports the multimedia features such as remote wonder.

personally, i would not have bought the ati card and went with a fx5200 or 5500. but the 9250 is capable of playing bf2 at low settings. try looking for an ati overclocking tool to raise the performance and it should be ok. i can play bf2 on the lowest setttings on my computer setup with a nvidia 5200 so should be just fine.

3. Tenfoot profile image55
    Tenfootposted 7 years ago

Hello ddesterder!
    a graphics card is a physical piece of computer hardware. You will need to purchase a graphics card from a computer store or an online site like amazon or newegg. Most graphics cards come with instructions in the packaging on how to install it, if not go to your local computer store to have someone do it for you.

one side note: it would be wise to ask a employee at a computer store what graphics card would be compatible because depending on how old your computer is... you may be better off buying a new computer or getting a game console. hope this helps

working