The weirdest thing is happening dude... I have 4 dual-shock official ps3 wireles

1. profile image46
    josh-waposted 7 years ago

The weirdest thing is happening dude... I have 4 dual-shock official ps3 wireless controllers. ...

I generally only use one at a time.  The first controller lost the functions of the Triangle, Square, Circle and X buttons but the analog sticks still worked.  The second lost the function of the analog sticks but the buttons still work.  The third lost the function of the X button solely.  The fourth lost ALL function and will not turn on at all.  I am now stuck with a cheap ps3 controller that has to be plugged in.
    The weirdest part of this story is all this happened within a week!  Leaving me to wonder if there is a virus the PS3 can contract to it's controllers?  IDK what the deal is and

2. jamesphilipson profile image54
    jamesphilipsonposted 7 years ago

Hi have you updated any firmware recently that could lead to a corruption of the PS3's wireless controller functions?

4 controllers in one week sounds like a bit too much of a coincidence to me, so I suspect something wrong with the console itself.

3. profile image46
    josh-waposted 7 years ago

Thanks for believing me lol other people on other sites are calling me a troll and saying I must have done something to the controllers...

Considering I now don't have a controller that will navigate me through the menus.. what do I do?  If I could, I might reset to default settings?  When the next system update is available will this fix itself?  If I could navigate at all, would recovery mode help?  I think there is an option to reinstall frimware.. or refresh it.

working